Answered

Comments

41 comments

David Monroe

BTW, "show filmstrip" is checked but greyed out in the "view" tab

Comment actions Permalink
    Tania Taylor

Hi David Monroe!

Indeed, there's no filmstrip in the Edit mode now, but I have passed your concerns on to our product team for further consideration.

David Monroe

Thank you for the response. Filmstrip would be great or at least a way to easily go to the next photo instead of having to go back to catalog each and every time. I can't believe the developers left this ability out. I won't be able to use NEO as part of my workflow until this is resolved.

Ken Baker

Same for me.  If I have to go back to the catalog for the next shot it's not worth the time.

David Monroe

Yeah, it is pretty ridiculous that they didn't even think of this feature. You'd think it would be a no-brainer. I think they overthought the new features so much they forgot the basic ones. I'm excited to use NEO at some point, once they upgrade it with the obvious features, but thankfully AI still kicks ass.

Kate Williams

Hi guys - 

The Edit mode was 'separated' from the Catalog to improve the performance of the software; as a result, the filmstrip is located only in the Catalog tab (to prevent the app from generating the previews of other edited images when you're in the Edit mode). 

Nevertheless, I understand your point of view and have shared your comments with our product team. Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback!

Matt Orth

“We crippled the program to improve performance”

David Monroe

Hi Kate. It's not as much the lack of filmstrip (although that is a major bummer), it's more the inability to go to the next photo while in "edit". Every time we edit a photo we have to go back to "catalog" and then select the next photo and then go back into "edit". This means many more steps than a program like AI that just takes one step to go to the next image. Which makes NEO a very inefficient photo editor when working with a catalog of images. If this isn't addressed ASAP I will be asking for my money back.

Londinense

David, I raised that in another thread and was told they would look into it. I tend only to use for single edits but I still find it annoying. I am sure L4 has it. Other programmes you just hit the forward arrow key.

David Monroe

Londinense, yep, Luminar 4 had it and Luminar AI had it. Agreed that that's how photo editing programs usually work. Why they removed it from NEO feels like a step backwards. As a professional photographer who is always editing weddings, portraits, etc. I find being able to bring a folder of images in to edit invaluable. That's how I edit in Lightroom and even Photoshop makes it easy to work on multiple photos. I hope this is something they add soon, otherwise it will be a program I rarely use and not worth the money I spent on it. 

Ivan Azure

Hi All,
    We have passed your comments to the responsible department for consideration.

David Monroe

Hi Ivan, if you guys ever add that feature I will definitely re-purchase. Unfortunately, without the ability to go to the next photo in "edit" mode, NEO does not work with my workflow.

Patrick White

I was REALLY excited about using this software but I will be requesting a refund now that I see I can't go to the next photo like Luminar AI

David Monroe

Patrick,

Make sure you tell them that's why you are requesting refund. If enough people complain they might hopefully add the ability to go to next photo. It seems like a no brainer but for whatever reason they didn't include it. 

Matthew Emerson

We really need the ability to go to the next image, through a keyboard shortcut or something. I don't even need the film strip just a way to avoid grabbing the mouse and having to do 3 clicks on different parts of the screen

Max Fenz

Same here!

Please make "next Photo" available in edit mode. I can't use NEO at the moment. :-/

Same here! I want to switch from Luminar AI to Neo but this feature is a blocker. It take so much more time to edit a set of images. I agree, a shortcut will be enough on my side too.

Just throwing in my agreement with all of the above, its difficult to choose the best of several similar photos when you have to go back and forth to catalogue.  This was a basic part of workflow in every other editor I've used.  I agree that a filmstrip would be nice, but just being able to navigate to next photo is what we really need.

Topher Barnett

+1 here. Also going to email support about it. The time it takes to dump back out to the catalog after each edit, select the next photo, then go back to edit again is a non-starter for me. I tend to process photos in the hundreds, so it's a massive waste of time where I should only have to press an arrow key.

Raoul Hokuto

+1 here, after months still there is no next pic available ? This feature is a blocker as other said. It's absurd to go back to catalog to edit every pic.

Hello

+1000

Neo has good features but this navigation lack is a real pain in the ass. 
    Selecting pictures that I'll keep is quiet straightforward : I display them one by one with the arrows and I fav the ones I want to keep (P shortcut). Then I display only favs.
    But then the edit mode won't let me use the arrows. It's a basic feature that is missing here.
    Please add this feature as we all loose a lot of time here going back to catalog before editing next picture.

Ivan Azure

Hi All, 

The team will remind the responsible department about the relevance of the demand.

Hello, i wanted something to replace LR and this seemed really promising. However just stumbled upon this in trial and this is absolutely a no go for me. There just MUST be a shortcut to go to next photo in edit mode. No clicking - a keyboard shortcut.

Manuel Subredu

I don't understand. This seems to be a basic feature that should be implemented in no time. But 7 months had passed since the initial post, Neo version increased from 1.0 to 1.3 and still no sign or roadmap or anything. Can we at least have a date for this "feature" ?

Completely agree with Manuel and everyone else.  I have gone back to Luminar AI.  We recently returned from a trip with 1000 photos to edit and trying to do it in Neo was impossible.  Its a simple thing we're asking, all we want is to be able to toggle to the next photo in a catalog without returning to the catalog first, as every other photo editing program allows.  The explanation that this function was eliminated to make Neo faster is ironic - given that it slows workflow exponentially and makes the program essentially non functional for editing multiple photos.

Neo is good for single image edits and masking, that's it.  Please add the toggle.

Tania Taylor

Hi guys!

Our team is discussing the feature now. We appreciate your patience!

David O'Doherty

Agree with Bill H and the others, I try each update as it comes, but find too many issues in trying to open folders and moving between photos.  Just not worth the inconveniences.  

Chao Wu

Can not agree more!

Max Fenz

Chao Wu valid points, but please don‘t distract skylum dev team with additional feature requests within this thread. ;-)
    I’m happy that someone finally takes the feature “next photo” into consideration. I am following this thread now for several months, and I really would like to see this feature in NEO soon.

@all

thanks everybody for bringing attention on this missing basic feature!!

Chao Wu

Hope the problem can be solved soon!

Please sign in to leave a comment.