Adjustment layer in Neo

Answered

Comments

5 comments

Austin Miller

Hello Dave,

The adjustments layer is currently not available in Luminar Neo.

However, our developers have been already notified about this feature and will take it into consideration!

Comment actions Permalink
    Mark Barnes

This is is a vital function that's missing. NEO was promoted with the return of Layers, now only to find out Adjustment Layers are not included and may come in the future. I am seriously disappointed with this as we were led to believe that with Layers returning it would include this function. If it's left out on purpose we should know why.  It was a great feature in L4. 

Alina Skylum

Hi Mark,

I'm very sorry for the frustration caused by the lack of adjustment layer. I do agree with you that it is vital function. Looks like Vadym has already forwarded your comments to a relevant team. Appreciate you bringing this up to our attention. There is always some space for improvement.

Dave Marcus

“… it is vital function. … Appreciate you bringing this up to our attention.”

Rather staggering that you needed us to bring the omission of a vital function to Skylum’s attention  

“There is always some space for improvement.”

Especially in your product management function.  

At this point, Neo is a downgrade, sadly, from, L4.  The good news is that, based on the last product you released, and the one before, I expected that v1 would be only a curiosity and Neo would not be ready for serious use until v2 or so. 

Ken Chan

Adjustable Gradient was the best feature in L4.  Really simplified edits for photos with different levels of foreground and background lighting. Shocked that it was dropped in NEO and that the layers function in NEO is for loading quirky effects.  Don't mind paying for updates to maintain OS compatibility but to drop features is misguided.

Please sign in to leave a comment.