Major issues Running NEO with Fuji GFX files

Answered

Comments

7 comments

Stephan Pfaffinger

I have had the same experience with a Fuji X-T2. 
    Everything is very slow although I only have 24 MP. And this on the latest MacBook Pro with M1 Pro chip and 32 GB Ram-.
    You can not work reasonably with the program. Everything is very slow and many things do not work properly.
    You get from the support unfortunately always only the standard answers.

How big is the catalog.
    Is it on the internal SSD?
    blabla

Instead of doing the steps by themselve and compare.

Comment actions Permalink
    Sam Saliba

You’re spot on with customer service!!!
    I feel that they have employed ROBOTS at times. This to me seems that they either rushed NEO or their QA is sub-par but you’d think that they do due diligence prior to release.

I tried smaller RAF files taken with Fujifilm X100V, same issues.

They’re not ready for prime time but they’ve been collecting money for a while and under pressure for a release.

Austin Miller

Hello Sam and Stephan,

Indeed, there seems to be a performance issue while working with heave RAW images.

Would you be so kind as to provide us with the original files that you are working with so we can report the issue?

Here's how you can send us the files:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request at https://skylum.com/support

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Stephan Pfaffinger

Hi Austin,

I have already contacted your support but unfortunatelly I have no ticket number. But you should find me with my email address. There I have already uploaded a RAW file from my camera.

You would think that a professional image editing software would be able to handle ordinary RAW files from 24MP APS-C cameras.

Austin Miller

Hello Stephan,

We will get back to you as soon as possible!

Sam Saliba

Hello Austin, 

Per your request for analysis, here is the link with two RAF files uploaded here:

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/87ec26c1b6dd396cc1fa6d50654885e620220218184652/f54101de5defa5fce5969ef6a68b01ea20220218184715/12b45b

Keep in mind that each file is over 100mb

Regardless, I do not have the stated issues above with other applications like Luminar AI or Lightroom CC just NEO seems to be "SNAIL" slow and buggy all around.

Sam 

Alina Skylum

Hi Sam,

Got you. We will get back to you via e-mail to learn more about your computer, so that we can report the problem to our development team. Thank you very much for bringing this up to our attention

Please sign in to leave a comment.