Luminar NEO 1.0.1 - no histogram, no clipping tool, slooow

Answered

Comments

14 comments

Florin Neacsu

So, how do I get my money back?

Comment actions Permalink
    Florin Neacsu

I tried editing the same picture in both Luminar NEO and Lightroom and it took me about 1 minute to do what I did in 10 minutes in NEO. 

Bob Shrader

I'm running Luminar Neo on a 2017 iMac with 64 GB of memory, and it is very speedy -- much faster than Luminar AI -- on my machine. 

There are features like the histogram still missing, but I hope they will be added with the release of hot fixes and updates.

Florin Neacsu

Bob Shrader Are you suggesting buying another machine, more powerful to have a better editing experience? On my machine, Lightroom runs very smoothly compared to Luminar NEO.

Bob Shrader

Florin Neacsu No! Just passing along my own experience.

Florin Neacsu

I just tried Luminar AI, the free version where I can export one image daily. I edited the same image in both NEO and AI. Although Luminar AI has all the sliders accessible all the time (and not sending them to the right where is very hard to go back into edits), it works faster on my Mac M1. I'd rather have the license of the AI instead of NEO.

Sascha C.

I tried it today and find the editing much slower than in AI on my MacBook Air M1 with 8 GB RAM. I find it slower than Lightroom and Slower than Capture One 21. 

In addition to that, I find no advantages in NEO. There is nothing I can't do with AI or Luminar 4. I also miss essential things here in Neo that are not shipped yet.

Neo is what I always guessed: Is a mix of Luminar 4 and Luminar AI, again on a new completely written base (that is what Skylum tells us with any new Luminar since years). 

I think I will request a refund and use Luminar AI instead.

Dave Marcus

Not having a usable histogram is crippling.  I am surprised Skylum released the product without one.

Tania Taylor

Hi everyone!

The histogram will be back in Version 1.1.0.

As for the app's performance on Mac, we'll appreciate it if you could reach out to us via skylum.com/support and provide us with the details of your workflow (How many images are there in your catalog? Where are the images located? What edits do you usually apply that result in app's freezes? etc.). This info could help us improve the app in future updates.

Sascha C.

Have requested a refund yesterday.

Michael Prange

Hello,

Luminar AI has taken 5 updates to grow to that superb piece of software it is now. NEO is still like a toddler and needs to be developed. We all know it is not finished. I must blame myself a bit because I have failed to submit incidents of problems with NEO, some rare crashes, hang-ups when removing spots and dirt from scanned old photos and, yes, I miss the histogram, too. I don't think Skylum is wasting time to improve things.

Alina Skylum

Hi Michael Prange,

We plan to add additional functionality in upcoming free updates.

Rob Williams

Alina Skylum

Is there a release plan we can reference please?

I downloaded Neo on release, but I’ve not really used it yet because of the above features being missing. I have to admit it has got me thinking “do I actually really need to see historgram etc, if I’m just sharing picture online to users who do not have calibrated screens anyway?”.. my answer is probably no I don’t.

But I do print my pictures. Support for ensuring my printing is done correctly would be awesome to have in Neo, rather than having to pass it over to another peice of software.

Elena Blum

Hi Rob Williams,

Luminar Neo will become even more powerful with future updates. In the upcoming updates, you’ll be able to enjoy Histogram.

Please sign in to leave a comment.