Skylum Fix for Neo Crashing - It Worked For Me

Answered

Comments

8 comments

Dominic Bopp

Doesn't work for me. The MSI file is looking for some components of Luminar AI MSI. I can't belive how shitty buggy this so called "program" is written. It's absolutely ridiculous. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Danny Garber

What I've found that actually works for me every time my Luminar Neo crashes (silently closes after the splash screen) - it usually happens when Luminar Neo caused my system to freeze so I have to reboot, is the only these two steps:
    1. Delete the folder "LuminarNeo" in %appdata%/Roaming
    2. Restart the app and login using your Skylum account.

Alina Skylum

Hi Everyone,

Just in case, here is the post with the solutions to this issue: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/4419645182098--Luminar-Neo-Early-Bird-version-The-most-common-issues-FAQs

Bert Finkelstein

Thanks! Had problems when I signed in and only got the splash box, then shut down. Seems to work well now! Looking forward to using it.

Jerry Hayter

It doesn't work.

So, the launch is late doesn't work and neither does the 'fix'.

What a shambles...

Alberto Gzz

This crash is still happening, even with the "fix" Danny and Alina posted.

Where are the developers!? Incredible that after 3 months it´s still the same...disappointing.

Austin Miller

Hello Alberto,

Would you be so kind as to reach us via support@skylum.com so we can look into your issue?

Claudia Cote

Well, mine keeps crashing too, 12 Gb Ram, i7 Intel PC, just does not respond anymore and I have to do a hard reboot. One thing that may help some here is that I found that if the image file has a large pixel size, in my case 9000px X 12000px that is when it crashes almost all the time. I have to down sample in Photoshop to 7000px or below for the long side, and that seems to keep the program stable. Skylum, you may want to take note of that and fix it.

This happens in both Neo & AI

Please sign in to leave a comment.