Can't access the catalog

Answered

Comments

12 comments

James Nelson

Hi Gary,

I have the same problem.  I have contacted Luminar Neo support but they have not replied to my issues with Neo.

I am running 2021 MacBook Pro. OS 12.2.1

I am very disappointed with Skylum.

Comment actions Permalink
    Alina Skylum

Hi Gary Schekel,

We need to be able to reproduce the issue on our end in order to understand at which point it occurs. Please send us a screen recording of what you do in the software before encountering the issue. Here's how to record a screen on Mac:

https://support.apple.com/guide/quicktime-player/record-your-screen-qtp97b08e666/mac

Here's how you can send us the file:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request at https://skylum.com/support 

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

David Monroe

Experiencing the same problem. I am stuck inside the "edit" panel while "catalog" is greyed out. We can't get back into the catalog of other images and are stuck in the edit only. I've even closed the program and re-opened it only to go back to the same "edit" screen.

No screenshot needed. To support: If you need a screenshot go to the "edit" tab" of Luminar NEO and imagine if you were unable to click the "catalog" tab. BOOM! There's your screenshot. This is a serious glitch that needs to be fixed. We paid good money for this program

Here's how you may reproduce the issue:

1. Do a fresh install of Luminar Neo — you must do a fresh install because the program is stuck in "Edit" mode, and won't get off there for me if I just restart the app, or even restart the computer. So, I removed it with Avast Cleanup, and did a fresh install. (It's the third time I'm doing this.)

2. Launch Luminar Neo from the installer.

3. Upon launching Luminar Neo, notice that Catalog is greyed out already, from the get go — notice that you can't even create a new one. Feel the frustration.

4. Select one of the sample photos to edit.

5. Get stuck on "Edit," with nowhere else to go — "Catalog" istill greyed out — the option to create a new one still unavailable. Feel more frustration.

6. Go on the Skylum community forum, and hope that the Luminar team will do something to address an issue that is being reported in the exact same way by multiple people.

I'm using macOS Monterey version 12.2

Thanks!
    Mika

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Member, David Monroe,

Thank you very much for a detailed description of how to reproduce the issue.

As far as I can see, our devs are aware of this issue and are currently investigating it. I'll add your cases for the investigation as well.

Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience, we'll do our best to fix the bug as soon as possible.

Shane Keller

I am having the exact same issue noted above: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/4420109854226/comments/4422063576978

Uninstalling and reinstalling Luminar NEO does not fix it either. 

Currently, Luminar NEO is unusable on my Macbook Pro 2021 M1Pro.

When will this be fixed?

Austin Miller

Hello Shane,

Could you please specify what Luminar Neo version you have?

Shane Keller

Austin Miller I am using the following version.

Austin Miller

Hello Shane,

Could you please try the following solutions:

1. Make sure Luminar Neo is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar Neo Catalog folder. The default location is %username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar Neo Catalog folder as well as the Luminar Neo Catalog.luminarneo file inside this folder. Choose any name you like. 
    4. Start Luminar Neo. The software will ask you whether you want to Create a New Catalog or Choose a Different Catalog. 
      Click Choose a Different Catalog > navigate inside the folder you renamed in Step 3 > double-click the Luminar Neo Catalog.luminarneo file you've renamed in Step 2.
    Gael Sullivan

I am having the same problem with the catalog. I have tried the solution proposed to no avail. I cannot access more than one photo at a time. In effect, I cannot use it as stand alone software.

Shane Keller

HI Gael Sullivan, I got things working by doing the following on this thread I created:

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/4427961521554-Luminar-NEO-stuck-editing-the-same-image-Catalog-is-inaccessible 

RE: "What I ended up having to do was move the Luminar AI catalog to an external drive, then uninstall Luminar NEO, reinstall Luminar NEO, then followed your steps above to get it to work."

Good luck! 

Ivan Azure

Hi Gael,
    If the issue persists, please contact our support team via support@skylum.com and we will consult you in a more detailed way.

Please sign in to leave a comment.