Layers Not Loading

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Alina Skylum

Hi John Klippel,

Let's try reinstalling Luminar Neo. We recommend doing a full uninstall with AppCleaner. AppCleaner is a free app that automatically removes not only applications but also the related files, making 'clean' uninstall easy.

• Download AppCleaner from here (click this text to open the link).
    • Install AppCleaner and start it.
    • Drag Luminar from your Applications folder into the AppCleaner window. When removing Luminar, mark all the files and folders on the list, except for RTW788AXG3.com.skylum.luminarNeo
    • Once you've uninstalled Luminar Neo, restart your Mac and download a fresh version of Luminar from your Skylum account.

Here is the video tutorial you might find helpfulhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/poak20bxywarzxz/Screen%20Recording%202021-12-28%20at%2012.56.57.mov?dl=0

Let us know how it goes.

Comment actions Permalink
    John Klippel

So since I posted this issue.  I figured out that I can drag the layer over and it works.   But I found that out just by playing with it.  My mouse cursor doesn't give any indication that I am dragging anything so I only found this out by chance.   In your next update  see if they can make the mouse change or give instructions to drag and drop the layer.  

Also with it would be nice to organize the layers instead of just dropping all the ones we add into one bucket.  I bought some layers off of your site and I had to add them one by one and they all drop into the same bucket.   Being able to make layer groups would be helpful.

Anastasiia Moore

Hi John Klippel!

Thank you for providing us with feedback.

We'll consider the ability to organize the layers for future app updates.

John Klippel

So since my last post the layers function has gone from bad to worse to won't work at all.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled NEO multiple times.  I use Mac Keeper for the uninstall which should work the same as AppCleaner as you suggested.    It worked on and off for a while and now it doesn't work at all.  

Is anyone else having this same issue?

Agatha Winter

Hi John,

Do I understand correctly that Luminar doesn't start now? Could you please reach out to our team at https://skylum.com/support  so they can look into this asap? Thanks in advance!

John Klippel

Luminar starts its the layers function  that is giving me problems.   I'll do a complete reinstall and layers works a couple of times and then I  open a file from Lightroom and then layers just stops working.    Very frustrating as this is the main reason that I use NEO.   

Please sign in to leave a comment.