- Crash on start on Windows with System.Private.CoreLib.dll in the event logs.
Our team has already shipped a hotfix for this issue.
Please try reinstalling the software and download a fresh installer from your Skylum account.
If it doesn’t work, please try reinstalling the app in the following way:
- Go to “Apps and Features” by right click on the Start button;
- Find Luminar there and click [Uninstall] (you can also uninstall from the Control Panel);
- Type %appdata% in Search (folder Roaming should open);
- Find the folder “LuminarNeo” and delete it (it deletes your activation for Luminar Neo too);
- In the %appdata% folder, locate the folders of all previous Luminar versions (e.g. Luminar 4, Luminar AI, etc.) and move them to a different location (e.g. to the Documents folder or to the Desktop)
- Go to Pictures and rename the folder called Luminar Neo Catalog (if you have your Catalog anywhere else, find it and rename it).
- Download the app from the Skylum account once again and try to launch it.
- Activate the software by logging in to your Skylum account. Next, click Add Photos and add a small folder with images.
2. Lost EXIF. The issue with the Exif info is a known one. It will be fixed in the upcoming updates. The official release is right around the corner, so, hopefully, the issue is no longer there by then.
3. Error while logging in with Google Account.
To get this solved, please try turning on Google's 2-step authentication https://www.google.com/landing/2step/ for your account. If you have it turned on, please try disabling and re-enabling it.
If this doesn't help, please, restore the password via Forgot My Password form (it will create a password for your account and you will be able to log in in a regular way). Meanwhile, our developers are also working on a fix for this.
Make sure to log out of your Skylum account in the web browser before requesting the reset password link.
4. Slow performance on Mac/high Ram usage
Our tech team has already come up with some memory optimization solutions and will include them in the next update.
5. Also, here are the features Luminar Neo is right now missing, but which will be added with the later updates, since right now we are frequently receiving questions about them.
Image 3D Transform (perspective corrections)
- Pen Pressure for Radius/Opacity;
- Linear/Radial gradient;
- Dodge & Burn;
- Clone & Stamp;
Hotkeys usage is limited
Hotkeys usage is limited
- Copy, Paste Adjustments
- Smart Objects (windows only)
- Favorites (is missing on Windows only)
- Save Custom Presets
- We will be updating Templates from our Marketplace in Luminar Neo compatible format after the release gradually.
Please sign in to leave a comment.