Here’s what I found while using Neo first time:
- No import (from camera) button.
- Switching from Creative to Development tools cancels changes done with Creative Tools.
- More generally, there’s no way to keep edits when applying a preset then move to Creative tools or Development Tools. Stacking those different groups of tools seems virtually impossible. It’s SO confusing.
- Currently it’s possible to right-click and select editing with Lightroom and Photoshop, but no other programs. I use Topaz Labs software in my workflow, and at the moment I see no other way than exporting from Neo first and then edit in Topaz to achieve what I want.
- Alternatively, I edit from within Lightroom (with Neo plugin), but in this case I don’t see the interest in having a Catalog in Neo, if I can’t run Neo without having Lr running as well.
- Root folders and Albums being in the same window, when selecting photos in root folders within a long list of subfolders, you can’t see the Albums below, so you have to drag them to the bottom of the window and wait that it scroll down to the Album level until you can drop them. This is quite annoying and so time consuming. Please make separate windows for root folders and Albums to improve navigability.
- Please add nested Albums. (Or groups or categories, whatever helps organizing albums better).
- No View Option button (grid / single) in Catalog. So starting to edit the photo goes to single view, and when going back to catalog it stays in single view, no way to see the grid with the other photos in the same Album. The only workaround I found is clicking here and there on root folders, have a grid show up again and go back to the album to view it in grid mode. Absurd.
3) Major bugs:
- Edits are lost when editing from within Lightroom.
- Edits are lost from within Neo when moving from one group of tools to the other (as said before, from Creative to Development, from Development to Presets, etc.). Actually I don’t always get what is a bug and what could be tools incompatibilities in the editing process).
- Edits can be lost when moving from editing mode to catalog.
- When moving from edit to catalog, the Preview won’t always show the edits. Sometimes they’re lost, sometimes the preview won’t refresh and show the last edits. Very confusing.
Neo has certainly a huge potential, but releasing a v.1 with so many issues isn’t a good deal, for it can alter confidence in the product. I wasted about two hours just by losing edits because Neo wouldn’t save them properly.
Please sign in to leave a comment.