20 comments

• Official comment
    Elena Blum

Hi everyone,

Please try starting the app as admin.

Please send us event logs:

1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your email at https://skylum.com/support.

Here is the video tutorial on how to collect logshttps://www.loom.com/share/d7d8325cb83b4539a0a2dae3ebf286f6 

Comment actions Permalink
    Ekaterina Moskovko

The same problem! Just see the launching picture and then it dissapears.

Kurt Rietmann

I have the same problem. The launching picture starts and then dissapears. That's it. It's also not possible to activate the software.

I've tried this on my PC with Windows 11.

On my Laptop with Windows 10, it works how it should.....

Seems to be a Problem with Windows 11.

Jay Davda

Jayprakash Dava

Same problem here. Splash screen but Neo does not load. Software account shows it has not been activated. I had similar problem with Luminar AI - the Skylum support team sent me a link to specific Windows download and it worked, Then I was told to delete the AI catalogur file or rename it, launch AI again and created a new catalogue and Luminar AI has been working ever since. Tried that with Neo but no joy, still does not load. Awaiting support team help.

Peter Sattler

Ich habe das gleiche Problem. Das Startbild beginnt und verschwindet dann. Das war es. Es ist auch nicht möglich, die Software zu aktivieren.

Ich habe das auf meinem PC mit Windows 10 ausprobiert.

Pere J. Dolcet

me sucece lo mismo, luminar neo no se ejecuta en mi portatil 

Alick Sung

Same problem too,  splash screen starts and then disappears

Ron Dauphin

Adding to the list. I have the same problem. Launching the software on Windows 11 brings up the small splash screen, then it disappears. Nothing else happens. Cannot activate the software.

Lutz Lange

Auch hier das gleiche Problem. Immer das gleiche Desaster.

Mal sehen wie lange es dauert bis eine Lösung bereit steht.

VG Lutz

Jeff Aldrich

Same problem.  I get the splash screen, it closes, and program does not launch.

小凱 王

Same problem. Released without compatibility testing. It is very disappointing.

Salvador Andrade Cazares

Me sucede los mismo que a los demás, frustrante.

Michael Mould

Same problem, get splash screen, that closes, does not launch.

Ed Hecht

Same. Works fine on BigSur. But fails to launch after splash screen disappears on Windows 10 Pro. I ran all WIndows updates and updated my Nvidia drivers. Still no joy. Houston, we obviously have a problem.

Fernando Carod Collado

Lo mismo me sucede a mí. Increible, lanzar un producto que no permita su ejecución. Algo a trabajar con más profesionalidad. Ya diréis como resolvemos el problema. Gracias.

Jorge Meireles
    Here, with the following modest setup, everything is working as it should.

Operating system : Windows 10 Pro
    Operating system version : 19041
    Device model : LENOVO 20B7S14N0B
    Processors : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz
    RAM : 11,7Gb
    Videos : Intel(R) HD Graphics Family (1,0Gb)
    Drives : 
       Drive: C:\ (Fixed, NTFS)
        Used space: 226,7 GB
        Total size: 930,8 GB

Apparently, the bigger the ship, the bigger the storm...
    Ron Dauphin

I started the program by right-clicking the .EXE file and clicking "Run as Administrator". The splash screen eventually came up, lingered a bit longer than before, then the program shut down.

Tania Taylor

Hi everyone!

We’re truly sorry to hear that many of you still experience the crash issue with Luminar Neo on start on Windows. Our team is currently investigating the situation and working on a fix.

In the meantime, please try reinstalling the app in the following way:

1. Go to “Apps and Features” by right click on the Start button;
    2. Find Luminar there and click [Uninstall] (you can also uninstall from the Control Panel);
    3. Type %appdata% in Search (folder Roaming should open);
    4. Find the folder “LuminarNeo” and delete it (it deletes your activation for Luminar Neo too);
    5. In the %appdata% folder, locate the folders of all previous Luminar versions (e.g. Luminar 4, Luminar AI, etc.) and move them to a different location (e.g. to the Documents folder or to the Desktop)
    6. Go to Pictures and rename the folder called Luminar Neo Catalog (if you have your Catalog anywhere else, find it and rename it).
    7. Download the app from the Skylum account once again and try to launch it.
    8. Activate the software by logging in to your Skylum account. Next, click Add Photos and add a small folder with images.
    Ed Hecht

THe above worked for me. Thank you for the quick response, Tania. AND Luminar Share is now working too-nice little extra in there.

Fernando Carod Collado

Lo indicado por Tania Taylor me ha funcionado. Ya tengo operativo Luminar Neo.

P.D. Algo a mejorar en el próximo lanzamiento.

Please sign in to leave a comment.