the program cannot be started

Answered

Comments

20 comments

Thomas Schram

NEO screen shows then goes away, won't open. any help here please.

Comment actions Permalink
    Antonio Lanzirotti

Same thing here. Splash screen shows but no activation dialog. Same thing whether trying to start from shortcut or as plugin.

Todd Browning

Same thing here.  I get the splash screen then it disappears and nothing more happens (except me getting p*ssed off).

Graham J Anderson

Same here. Have attempted to open Neo, both as stand alone and as photoshop plug in.  Running Windows 10 with 64mb memory.

Fred van den Bosch

Works on my pc with Windows 10. 

Cannot start on my laptop with Windows 11.

so yc

Same thing here. Splash screen shows but no activation dialog. Same thing whether trying to start from shortcut or as plugin.

YUNHO BAE

I am a Neo buyer. The pre-program was guided and installed in a laptop (AMD Ryzen 74700U with Radeon Graphics, Windows 11, ram64GB). After installation, I clicked on the app, but it does not run.What should I do?

Daryl P

As with others here, I saw the notice in email of the Luminar Neo release being available, so I downloaded and installed it on my Windows 10, 64GB RAM, Ryzen 3950X PC only to find after installation that the program aborts shortly after the splash screen appearing.  I rebooted my system and that made no difference, and likewise the problem persisted if I launched Neo using the "run as administrator" option.  I also disabled Norton Security, both antivirus and firewall, and that too made no difference.

In my first search for help on this issue, one topic I found and tried to no avail actually turn about to be the Mac users forum, but nonetheless regarded renaming the Luminar Neo Catalog file as well as the containing folder.  I did, relaunched Neo and was prompted to choose the catalog location, so I browsed to the renamed file and once again, Neo crashed.  I've yet to activate it since it crashes before any such prompt is provided.

The product is not ready to be called a released version based upon the immaturity it shows by failing to launch.

Michael Beech

Same thing for me......Windows 11...splash screen shows then crashes. Pissed!

Michel Riviere

Même chose pour moi... W10 l'écran de demarrage s'affiche puis disparait. impossible d'activer.

J'ai pu simplement scanner avant l'appli pour mon Iphone.

Que faire??

Patrick Schlarb

Same problem here on desktop and on notebook (both win10): splash screen and crash ...

As already mentioned renaming the catalog, moving the catalog file or disabling anti-virus-software doesn't help.

Elena Blum

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear you've faced this issue. Please try reinstalling the app in the following way:

1. Go to “Apps and Features” by right click on the Start button;
    2. Find Luminar there and click [Uninstall] (you can also uninstall from the Control Panel);
    3. Type %appdata% in Search (folder Roaming should open);
    4. Find the folder “LuminarNeo” and delete it (it deletes your activation for Luminar Neo too);
    5. Go to Pictures and rename the folder called Luminar Neo Catalog (if you have your Catalog anywhere else, find it and rename it).
    6. Download it from your account, install and launch the app.
    7. Activate the software by logging in to your Skylum account. Next, on the Welcome to Luminar Neo screen, click on the + button and add a small folder with images or a single image for editing. 

Please, let me know how it goes now.

Hello Elena Blum, new version does not work either. Same issue.

Michel Riviere

Merci de votre aide.

J'ai suivi les instructions J'ai renommé le dossier Catalogue Luminar neo dans PICTURES en Catalogue Luminar Neo old.

J'ai relancé l'application .exe, J'ai eu l'écran du QR code, puis une fenêtre avec un message:

ne trouve pas le fichier Luminar Neo Catalog.luminarneo, j'ai alors cliqué sur CREER UN NOUVEAU DOSSIER, et un nouveau dossier Luminar Neo Catalog s'est créé dans IMAGES contenant bien sûr le fichier Luminar Neo Catalog.luminarneo.

Puis plus rien à l'écran ...

L'installation ne se termine pas et impossible de démarrer l'application 

Que faire?

Merci de votre réponse...

David Gillett

same issue new version still not working

Marcus Zeller

Same issue new version still not working.
    Very disapointing

Dennis Page

Same issue here. I should have known better then to fall for vaperware.

Tan Li Teck

It has already been 1 day since I reported this problem over at Insider and until now there is no official announcement what is going on and whether the development team is solving the problem. This company is really getting from bad to worse, simply irresponsible!!

Michel Riviere

le support vient de me demander 2 fichiers concernant ces problèmes: un journal des évènements et un résumé du système de mon ordi.

Ils sont très réactifs et attentifs au problème.

Espoir d'être dépanné au plus vite!!

Michel Riviere

il faut que les développeurs revoient le logiciel et qu'il soit testé correctement

Please sign in to leave a comment.