Luminar Neo crashed before it's launched

Answered

Comments

27 comments

• Official comment
    Austin Miller

Hello all,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience! We've already fixed this issue. 

Please try reinstalling the app in the following way:

1. Go to “Apps and Features” by right click on the Start button;
    2. Find Luminar there and click [Uninstall] (you can also uninstall from the Control Panel);
    3. Type %appdata% in Search (folder Roaming should open);
    4. Find the folder “LuminarNeo” and delete it (it deletes your activation for Luminar Neo too);
    5. Go to Pictures and rename the folder called Luminar Neo Catalog (if you have your Catalog anywhere else, find it and rename it).
    6. Install the new version of the app from your Skylum Account and let us know how it goes. 

If the issue persists, please send us the event logs:

1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and send it to support@skylum.com

Here is the video tutorial on how to collect logshttps://www.loom.com/share/d7d8325cb83b4539a0a2dae3ebf286f6

Comment actions Permalink
    Stefan Schulte-Kellinghaus

I experienced exactly the same thing (download today), installation under Win 11;
    Luminar Neo crashes after a few moments without comment.

EMMANUEL FIANDINO

I experienced exactly the same thing

I have the same problem.I have windows 10 64bit.It crashes every time I open the Neo.I have tried uninstall and install, nothing helps. 

Henry Lin

I unstalled it, restarted it, installed it again & repeated 3 times... I gave up. We, the early birds were given the bitter pills to swallow.

Hey Skylum, the software is not a final version. It's still in beta. Fix it before calling it a final release.

as you can see here in the forum, many people have the same problems.
    In various posts, an identical text was posted as a solution. I have now installed Luminar Neo for the third time and completely uninstalled it beforehand exactly as instructed. It did not help, Luminar Neo does not start.

Quijano Ivan

on step 5 fine the folder luminar noe catalog and  rename it .. but rename to what, whatever we want ?

Henry Lin

Rename the “Luminar Neo Catalog” folder to what?

We, the paying customers, are performing diagnostics and quality control for Skylum.

Quijano Ivan

how can aget a refund on this luminar neo . 

Ron Dauphin

Don't understand.    "Type %appdata% in Search (folder Roaming should open);"

Search where? Desktop? In a program?

No matter what support suggests regarding troubleshooting it keeps crashing.I wonder why its not tested properly before realeasing it. Is it beta software ? Well I hope the support team will come with fast solid solution or else everyone will be talking about refunding.

Tania Taylor

Hi! 

We're truly sorry that you've been faced with such a situation; I know how disappointing it is. I have passed your concerns to our tech team, who will soon come up with a viable solution. We appreciate your understanding!

I got the hint from Luminar Support that I should not only delete the directory Luminar Neo in the directory %appdata% but also move the directories of Luminar 4 and Luminar AI into another directory.
    Afterwards I reinstalled Luminar Neo and copied both directories of Luminar 4 and Luminar AI back to the old place.
    Now Luminar Neo starts and also the other programmes work! 

LeRoy Delp

This did not work for me. I tried it 3 time and still did not work.

Sarantis Lahanis

How can you say "we fixed the problem" and after that "..if the problem persists...."?Unacceptable behavior....but some of us gave you the money months ago

Sarantis Lahanis

The solution with %appdata% , deleting Luminar Neo catalog etc.,has worked for me.Thanks

Annmarie

I purchased both Neo & Aurora, received email of activation, downloaded and it froze. I uninstalled/reinstalled 3x now. I keep getting the trial for each, but not the full program. I clicked links directly from email to download! 

I have a brand new laptop with 1TB of space and windows 10-11 

Glad to see I am not the only one who is having this issue- sadly.

Annmarie

still getting the trial only!? 

Henry Lin

1. Type %appdata% in Search
    2. Find the folder "LuminarNeo" and delete it
    3. I went to the email I got from Skylum with the email title "Your exclusive Neo delivery!" and clicked on the "DOWNLOAD LUMINAR NEO"
    * This time I see it is version 1.0.1 and not the previous version 1.0.0 which keep crashing before it's launch successfully
    4. It seems version 1.0.1 fixed the launch issue for me and hopefully for all of you as well.

Good luck!

Quijano Ivan

Skylum just give us the link to get refund from this Neo luminar.

Its working after installing the official release 

Katherine Nelson

Annmarie, Please kindly reach out to us via https://skylum.com/support. We'll be glad to assist you with the activation issue you have encountered.

Quijano Ivan, our support team will assist you with a refund request asap. Please also contact them via https://skylum.com/support.

Annmarie

I was able to get Aurora HDR working with sign in, but now Neo isn't working properly. Luminar AI says I have 1 day left of trial, while Neo says I am signed in, but pops up with trial. Once in program, I have attempted to use the erase tool and it doesn't work. I need to do edits, close the image I am working on, wait a few seconds, then reopen it to see edits. (same for login information to sign into Neo) 

I have a brand new computer, with nothing but this program and 2 others installed, 3 images I need to edit and that's about it. So, can't say its the computer not working. 

Annmarie

anyone have the link for version 1.0.1?? I only have buggy 1.0.0

Alina Skylum

Hi Annmarie,

Please, use the following link to download the latest version of Luminar Neo:

https://skylum.com/download/luminar-neo-paid

If problems persist, please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support 

Zak Longoria

I just uninstalled and reinstalled Neo with the newest update, and every time I try to open it on my MacBook Pro 13 it crashes before it fully launches. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.