New Failure To Launch

Answered

Comments

28 comments

• Official comment
    Austin Miller

Hello folks,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience! We've already fixed this issue. 

Please try reinstalling the app in the following way:

1. Go to “Apps and Features” by right click on the Start button;
    2. Find Luminar there and click [Uninstall] (you can also uninstall from the Control Panel);
    3. Type %appdata% in Search (folder Roaming should open);
    4. Find the folder “LuminarNeo” and delete it (it deletes your activation for Luminar Neo too);
    5. Go to Pictures and rename the folder called Luminar Neo Catalog (if you have your Catalog anywhere else, find it and rename it).
    6. Install the new version of the app from your Skylum Account and let us know how it goes. 

If the same issue persists, please send us the event logs:

1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and send it to support@skylum.com

Here is the video tutorial on how to collect logshttps://www.loom.com/share/d7d8325cb83b4539a0a2dae3ebf286f6

Comment actions Permalink
    Robert Verginia

I have the same problem.

Same issue the software is throwing errors on Windows 10. Pretty bad it wont even start up.

Barry Weiss

I am using Windows 11 and having the same issue. Logo screen shows up but after a couple of seconds simply disappears. 

Karl Buckholtz

same problem,not a good sign for the future of this program if it won't even launch

Pierantonio Barbaglia

I have the same problem. It wont even start up.

Bob Lancelot

Same problem here.  Uninstalled and tried a second time.  Nada.  Disappearing Neo.  Now that is incredible AI!  It must sense that I don't have time to screw around getting it to work!  :-)

Kuroshio Current

Add one more voice to this problem.

Marie-Christine Vincent

Même problème, le logo apparaît puis plus rien ! Désinstallation, réinstallation, démarrage par " Exécuter par administrateur" , rien n'y fait !  Je commence à regretter l'achat !

Rudy MARTHUS

Hello all of you

Same issue for me on windows 10 with the right minimum config!

Kss Work

NEO will not start for me either. The install was successful, but when I launch it the startup dialog comes up then closes after about 10 seconds. This is the first time installing NEO, I never installed the beta. Also the fix about reinstalling and deleting the catalog does not work. How do we get NEO to work on Windows 10 latest update.

Kss Work

This is a joke. How many times do we have to tell you that "the fix' doesn't work.

Karl Buckholtz

really is a joke....tried latest "fix" from support,and still same issue of not launching...sent another error log file,maybe will get an answer this time?

Tom Seiden

Same problem as everyone else. The original installataion did not work. Ended up with My software>Current activation (0 of 1 activations used). Starting Neo from the Search button, Neo logo shows then disappears. Uninstalled, downloaded and then reinstalled - same problem as before.

I will wait until Skylum issues a fix for the "We've already fixed this issue" fix.

Even ignoring all the missing features from the delayed release, this does not bode well for the functionality and robustness of the product.

Andreas Epmeier

Nice. We are paying betatesters - again. :-)

Karl Buckholtz

I should have stayed clear of this software,but took a chance with "early bird" price.....Luminar 4 worked great,AI was full of bugs for me.Why would I believe Neo would be a good idea is beyond me.And support says they've fixed the issues with program not loading...well,it's not fixed for me

David Larsen

Another one here. I went thru the uninstall and reinstall. Still doesn't even open!

Elena Blum

Hello - I'm sorry the issue persists and definitely understand your concern. Please contact our support team https://skylum.com/support and we will do our best to take a closer look at what’s going on right away.

Rudy MARTHUS

Hi,  Even if we contact the support no one is acting.  So please help us, we are all waiting your support!

Chet Mitchell

Followed the instructions as described by Austin Miller. Still did not open. Why wasn't Neo tested on Windows before it was throw into Production. Before I retired I worked in IT testing systems thoroughly before they went into production. Neo seems to have put into production with the mindset of "let the customers go through hoops to do our testing for us". That is not working! I expected better of Skylum.

i got the latest and still doesn't work same error you need to be testing in Windows sent log to support

Tania Taylor

Hi everyone!

I'm truly sorry you all have to go through this. I know how frustrating it might feel to keep on waiting on an app and then not be able to use it. Our tech department is currently investigating the case and will soon come up with a viable solution. We appreciate your understanding in this matter!

Andreas Epmeier

So what do we get, if, and I say IF, your support fixes the problem?
    We get a crippled uncomplete version where standard features like histogram, Clone & Stamp, Undo and Redo, import for the old catalogues,etc. we receive basic features with the first patch. This could only be a very bad joke.

And in March we should applaud you for delivering such wonderful things that let us use our old and paid presets. This are things which I expect on launch.

What you deliver is a demo or like a shareware version of an unfinished product. And we, the customers, are paying beta testers again.

Why don't act like a professional software publisher and deliver us a complete and working product without missing basic functions or at least tell us the truth about the state of the software at launch. So that we knew what's missing before we buy it. 
    But I think we should be glad when we get past the startlogo of Luminar Neo and wait patiently for the rest of the function.
    I would bet, that the last feature will be delivered two or three month before you announce your new Lumina Hyper/Mega/Uber or whatever you will call it.

That happend in the past years and I bet it will continue.

•  

Chet Mitchell

When is Neo going to be ready to work on Windows 10? I reported this issue 11 days ago. Still doesn't work. Still have no idea to talk to a real "live" support person at Skylum. Also, please stop sending me daily emails saying how great Neo works (yes, Bogdan I am talk to U) until Skylum can get Neo to work for me on Window 10. 

Tania Taylor

Hi Chet Mitchell!

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having some issues with the app on Win 10. Please note that our team released the update with the corresponding fix on Feb 17. Please check if you have the latest update - Version 1.1.0 (Luminar Neo > Help > Check for Updates). If so, please describe the case in detail, and we'll investigate it more closely.

Chet Mitchell

V1.01 of Neo now works on my Windows 10 computer.

Agatha Winter

Glad to hear that, Chet!

Karl Buckholtz

installed latest update,and was able to edit two pictures great in Neo...and now the program fails to work,hangs and/or doesn't apply my edits before crashing out...going back to using Luminar 4,Neo is as bad as AI was to me...totally useless program

Please sign in to leave a comment.