Comments

32 comments

• Official comment
    Alina Skylum

Hi folks, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience! We've already fixed this issue. 

Please try reinstalling the app in the following way:

1. Go to “Apps and Features” by right click on the Start button;
    2. Find Luminar there and click [Uninstall] (you can also uninstall from the Control Panel);
    3. Type %appdata% in Search (folder Roaming should open);
    4. Find the folder “LuminarNeo” and delete it (it deletes your activation for Luminar Neo too);
    5. Go to Pictures and rename the folder called Luminar Neo Catalog (if you have your Catalog anywhere else, find it and rename it).
    6. Install the app once again from your Skylum Account and let us know how it goes. 
    Comment actions Permalink
    John Dourish

Same here, just installed the software and when ran get the splash screen for a few seconds then it crashes. Running Windows 11 Home, 16G Ram Intel i7 processor.

Matt Dillon

same issue on Windows 10. I wonder if this is a PC only issue. Anyone on MAC have this issue?

Akos Szalkai

I did all that Alina wrote.  Uninstalled, deleted all folders, re-downloaded the installer, installed, started.  Same thing happens: app crashes during splash screen.

Matt Dillon

Hello Alina, I did all that was recommended above and this did not fix the issue for me

Dave Almond

Hello Alina, me too, did all that was recommended above and this did not fix the issue.

Jim Clark

I did all the steps and no success...even deleted all Sklum Software, but still no luck.  Hope you can fix this soon. Thanks

Norbert Reimer

The same with me! Alina's instructions have not brought about any change. The programme does not run.

John Hammell

Same issue here and the fix doesn't help. Runs, shows the splash screen and stops. No error.

William Brooks

There are multiple threads on this topic offering a solution to fix Neo not launching - unfortunately the fix does not work.  Perhaps Skylum can go back to the drawing board and fix this quickly.  

When there were issues with the Luminar 4.2 upgrade to 4.3, an offline installer was available to download.

andy gray

ditto above..... splash and crash before load..... come on Skylum get your act together

Guido Lukie

Same issue here. Deleted all Luminar files and folders including AI and 4. Fix does not work.

Elmar Harbecke

The same issue here, still remaining. Tried it twice to re-install the software.
    Hope for a working fix soon.

Regards from Germany

Also having the same problem.  Only splash screen appears then nothing.
    tried reinstalling without success.
    Tried the above fix from Alina without success.
    Running Windows 10 on Alienware 15 R3 Laptop
    Regards from Australia

Robert Daniel

Robert Daniel

Got the same problem. Try twice the above fix but still get a splash screen

Robert Daniel

rename the luminar neo catalog twice and the apss want me to select a catalog try with the old name (luminar Neo Catalog) or with the new one the second time and nothing different happens, Still crash after a splash screen.

Austin Miller

Hello all,

Could you please send us the event logs so we can investigate the issue further?:

1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and send it to support@skylum.com

Here is the video tutorial on how to collect logshttps://www.loom.com/share/d7d8325cb83b4539a0a2dae3ebf286f6

Ben Pearse

Tried the fix, but still nothing

Andreas Epmeier

Fix won't work. It is a JSON parsing error.

Users of Neo, shouldn't have to try all these fixes!

You announced neo over 6 months ago. 

Many people preordered. So they could get their hands on it early. 

Now it's appeared, it's not working on peoples system's. 

What has skylum been doing all this time. 

You've had plenty of time to have this working properly on release. 

No one having issues shouid be doing any of these so called fixes. They should instead be enjoying neo without any issues at all. 

David cotton

my error message keeps saying upgrade to windows 10, I have windows 11 installed.

andy gray

Sorry David, but your error message has made me chuckle....

Tania Taylor

Hi everyone!
    We're truly sorry you all have to go through this. Our tech department is investigating the case, and we'll appreciate your event logs (as Austin wrote above).

David cotton, if you see the error message "Upgrade to Window 10" right after the launch, please do the following:

1. Right-click on the Luminar icon.
    2. Go to Properties > Compatibility.
    3. Do you have the 'Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 8' checkbox enabled? If so, please disable it. 
    4. Press 'Ok'.

If the issue still persists, please get back to us via https://skylum.com/support to discuss your case in detail.

David cotton

I have now uninstalled neo please let me know when you have sorted out these problems. It is beyond a joke when you are asking your customers to solve your problems for you. The answer you send me was also a joke yes/no?

David cotton

reply to Andy Gray, yes Andy then it opened a page for me to install windows 10!

andy gray

David...stop u are killing me.

As said on another thread giving skylum a week to produce a valid install if not requesting refund.

Enough is enough

Peter Gravesen

All Skylum Software uninstalled. Followed all advises & suggestions, nothing helps. Software (all from Skylum)  now unistalled. I wonder for how long... ?

Errors happen for all software providers, but never release on a friday if you plan on either having a weekend, or having happy customers. Free advise, release on mondays, so you have the week to solve the worst issues....   

Robert Daniel

Made the last suggestion about compatibily. Even by disabling the windows 8 checkbox, nothing new happens. It still crash.

peter howard

I too have the same problem, Neo will not start, not even the flash screen

Alina Skylum

Hello Peter,

We would kindly ask you to collect the crash log and send it to us, so we can resolve the problem.

1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and send it to support@skylum.com

Here is the video tutorial on how to collect logshttps://www.loom.com/share/d7d8325cb83b4539a0a2dae3ebf286f6

Please sign in to leave a comment.