The day has come. Luminar Neo is available for Early Birds!

Pinned Featured

Comments

21 comments

Mike Sago

Hi, thank you. But I just updated to Luminar Neo 1.0.0 (9188) and can't add photos. 
    OS Windows 11 fully updated. I used Neo yesterday with no problem. Today after the update Neo can't see any image files nor any kind in the folders.  (Like if the folders were empty). 

I fixed first, then unistalled Neo, reinstalled but nothing... 

Hope it can be solved soon.

Comment actions Permalink
    Pedro Pulido

The software seems interesting, but i find it unbelievable that a V1.0 doesn't even have Histogram and undo\redo function... these are basic features. i mean come on... skylum has had PLENTY of time to address this software and release it at least with the most basic functions!

Also, interested to know how accurate the Masking AI works. Any idea when 1.1 will be released ??

Alec MCKEOWN

I updated to version 1.0.0 (9188) yesterday and I ended up doing a system restore !

For starters, I lost my Olympus camera profiles, the sliders were slow in response a few seconds after moving it made the change, it was back to the bad old days with Luminar 

I couldn't be bothered with this crap all over again, so I did a system restore 

I'm back to version 0.9,3.9097   till someone works this mess all out !

full update of Windows 10 top spec video card, memory and CPU   

Please don't ask me to send in a report, it's up to you to sort this out as i'm sure I'm not the only one that has this problem with the new update.

Chris Jackson

I've just installed Neo after using Luminar AI which I had no problems with however, Neo will not launch either as standalone or a plugin in P/S or L/R. All I get is the blue rectangular box with the triangle in and then nothing. Running Windows 11 with good specs. Not a good start Skylum!

Deb Johnson

Having same issue as Chris above, however I'm running Windows 10.   Neo doesn't give me the opportunity to register product.   I have uninstalled and reinstalled using a fresh download from MySoftware.  Still nothing.   Deb

Mike Sago

Absolute shambles. 

Wayne Wilson

I just downloaded and installed over (the installer reported an upgrade) the previous early access.  The install went fine.  Before I proceeded further with testing I wanted to see if metadata information was being preserved as the previous versions stripped all meta data.  Alas, this version is stripping all metadata.  I don't think you can release this just yet to the general public.

Tania Taylor

Hi Wayne Wilson! The fix for the lost EXIF data issue will be included in one of the upcoming updates. We understand that it's important to you and will do our best to sort it out asap.

Tania Taylor

Hi Mike Sago! Please note that the Add Photos button opens a menu designed to select the entire folder of images. Therefore, the separate image files inside this folder will not get displayed in Explorer. Please click Select Folder and let me know whether a folder is added as expected. 

The import menu will change in the final release app, but now if you want to add just a single image, try to click on Luminar Neo > File > Edit Single Image.

Tania Taylor

Alec, Chris, and Deb, I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered such issues. Could you please reach out to our support team via https://skylum.com/support, and we'll do our best to help you.

Jiayin Chen

After using Lumina 4, hdr, Ai and Neo, I'm still thinking Luminar 4 is the best. Only missing function is no watermark.

Nelson B. Cooper

Neo will not launch as a standalone loan or plugin in P / S or L / R. All I get is a blue rectangle with a triangle and nothing else.

Tracy Branson

The software seems intriguing, but i find it unthinkable that a V1.0 does not indeed have Histogram and undo redo function. these are introductory features. i mean come on. skylum has had Plenitude of time to address this software and release it at least with the most introductory functions!

Hilltops

Tracy Branson You may have missed it, but Skylum is located in Ukraine. When NEO v.1.0 was made available not long before the war, the company clearly indicated that a number of planned features were still missing and would be added in the coming period.

With a brutal war going on, we can now only be patient and support Skylum staff, their families and their fellow citizens who are all immersed in this absolute nightmare.

Hilltops V1 was released before the invasion. There was no war going on when it was in development. 

They had many many mooofnths to get it right. They didn't. Releasing an inferior product with the most basic of tools and adjustmen and poor perfomance on many customers systems. 

Now. On saying that, there's no point now moaning about it. Some of the team AND the rest of the country are in a dire situation. So complaints should be put on hold. The huge fixes that need to be done are going to take a long time before coming to fruition. That is, if the fixes ever come. 

You are mistaken for blaming the invasion for the state of V1.

Hilltops

@ Member Of course, at the time, expectations were high and not fully met but, as you mention, "there's no point now moaning about it."

I'm sure Skylum staff are keenly aware of where things could/should have been better but is it possible that the months-long build-up to the war was negatively affecting development?

Anyway, this is not the time to have this discussion or remind the company of any shortcomings. An enormous tragedy is taking place in Ukraine and I suggest that all of us should at least withhold any sense of indignation during this crisis.

Hilltops I totally agree with you, this isn't the time. I'm one of the worst critics of Neo, but since the invasion my thoughts and feeling pale into comparison.
    I think most users now realise this. As the many unhappy comments about Neo, appear to have stopped.
    My point was, it wasn't the threat of invasion that made V1 a disappoint.

The safety and lives of the few members of staff still in Kyiv is paramount. Along with the rest of the people who are there.

Ivan Azure

Hi Nelson B. Cooper,
    Please contact our support team via support@skylum.com and we will consult you in a more detailed way.

Brain Smith

Luminar Neo is ready for you to download and enjoy. Luminar Neo is now available for Early Bird customers (the first 30,000 customers who purchased Luminar Neo before September 19, 2021 inclusive). The main release of Luminar Neo is scheduled for February 17.

Kate Williams

Hi Brain, 

Luminar Neo has already been released. 

You can download it via this link: https://skylum.com/download/luminar-neo-paid 

If you're having trouble activating the product, please drop us a line at https://skylum.com/support We'll be happy to help you get it up and running. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.