The day has come. Luminar Neo is available for Early Birds!

Pinned

Comments

7 comments

Howard Lebowitz

Thanks for the early access. Just started playing with layers. Will there be traditional masking capabilities for these with MaskAi?

Comment actions Permalink
    Londinense

Working well so far. However I am a bit shocked, since Neo is supposedly being marketed to more advanced photographers, that there is no ability to adjust perspective. This is something that I need all the time, since I shoot a lot of cityscapes and church interiors. Professional real estate photographers would need it too.

Luminar 4 has some basic tools under Lens Geometry and AI has CompositionAI. I am surprised there are no plans to port the latter over.

Kate Williams

Hi guys, 

We're definitely bringing Image 3D Transform (perspective corrections) back.

The feature will be available in one of the nearest updates. You can check our FAQ here for a complete list of features: https://skylum.com/es/luminar-faq/neo/general and here:

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/4419645182098--Luminar-Neo-Early-Bird-version-The-most-common-issues-FAQs 

S S

Neo is unusable due to banding issues. The image may look ok when editing but the saved file shows extreme banding in sky areas.

Austin Miller

Helllo S S,

Would you be so kind as to send us a screenshot of the issue?

Dronographer

Hi Skylum team!

Long-time user here (since Luminar 2018) and someone who always talked in the best ways about you (check my social profiles and you'll see that you're tagged in ALL my posts, on EVERY single platform). 

I know that without your software I would be where I am today - in all seriousness. Especially Luminar 4 was a huge game changer for me and my workflow. Those jaw-droppers (term used by my "fans") I create: I don't think I could create them with any other software.

I downloaded Luminar Neo just 3 hour ago, after skipping on Luminar AI (sorry, but that was a bad move in my eyes - especially removing layers).

I really couldn't wait after all I saw and read about Neo. New awesome AI features with some old but gold functions from Luminar 4 (like the just mentioned layers).

First impression: very disappointed ☹️ yes, I read it above: all the functions that I'm missing will come in future updates. But in all honesty: many of those features are CORE features. Why release a final version (even if it's only for early birds) when this is still clearly still a beta?! 

Right at this moment, I can barely recreate the simplest edits I did in Luminar 4, because core features like linear or radial masks are missing. No histogram, for real?! 😕

Also, what happened to the quality of some skies? Especially those 2 new skies (new compared to luminar 4) under "sunset clouds" - they are super pixelated! As if I'm using a low res file 🤢

So, based on all that I said, I have following questions:

1) when will this update come? Until then, Neo is unusable for me 👎

2) will I be able to ask a refund, in case the next update still doesn't bring back those core features? Cuz I don't see the reason for paying weeks and months ahead, just to receive beta software.

3) On masking: I'm sure that you'll bring us all the classic masking tools back, as well as new AI masking power that will be even better than the new Adobe stuff. But PLEASE: don't you forget about something simple as the "invert mask" function! (just saying, so that it doesn't take another update on top of the update for that 🙈)

4) fix those pixelated new skies please (I used photos from a DJI Mavic 2, thats 20mp - so no super resolution at all)

5) not sure if this was already changed in Lumi AI, but the Orton effect is waaay too bright, compared to Luminar 4. I have to drop the brightness slider to -100, to achieve the same effect as in Luminar 4 (where it's a 0) - I used the same photo in Lum 4 and Neo, with all the same settings. It's the only difference I noticed.

Kind regards ✌️ 

Tania Taylor

Hi Dronographer!

We appreciate your honest feedback! I have passed it on to our product and tech teams.

The money-back guarantee countdown will start from the Luminar Neo update 1.1.0 and continue for 30 days. Our tech team is doing their best to ship the update asap and let you enjoy all the desired features and tools. We do appreciate your understanding in this matter.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact the support team via skylum.com/support

Please sign in to leave a comment.