Luminar Neo 1.0.0 - Where is the clone tool?

Answered

Comments

13 comments

Austin Miller

Hello Maurizio,

The Clone and Stamp tool will be available in update 1.1.0 of Luminar Neo!

At this moment, it is not possible to change the interface of Luminar Neo. However, we will pass your suggestion to our tech department for their consideration!

Comment actions Permalink
    Maurizio Loreti

Hello, Austin – I thought I had bought a complete photo editing program, not an incomplete one.  I may accept that some new tools may be missing, but the clone tool has been in Luminar Neptune, 2018, 3, 4 and AI, i.e. all the Skylum software I bought. I am deeply disappointed cause of this lack.  This is NOT a prerelease, 1.0.0 should be a complete software.

Norm Gilbert

They said many times that all the promised features would not be in the initial release. There would be incremental updates, free to all licensed users, as the features are perfected and rolled out.

I am very excited about Neo, but until I have the complete program, I am using Neo only for its exclusive features like Power Line removal.  I am continuing to do most of my editing in the very complete and almost stable Luminar 4.

Jamil Awad

Without the Histogram and the clone tool the software is not practical al all. I am very disappointed.

Ron Leckie

I totally agree with the above comments.  Releasing a product without the basic features that we have used in all previous tools from the same manufacturer - is a very bad practice!  It is indicative of a company that is financially pressured into selling futures. This practice has been going on long before the sad Ukraine situation.  I truly feel for all Ukrainians, especially the Skylum team.

Like Norm, I will keep using Luminar 4 until Neo contains the equivalent basic tool set. I still much prefer the  Luminar user interface over Adobe's tools, but at some point I might reconsider switching.

Brian Nichols

Why the silence Skylum.  Come on......where is the Clone tool?  And how about a perspective correction tool?

I bought programme expecting a certain professional level, but this is incomplete and still remains incomplete even after version 1,1.0.

My understanding was this last update version would include at least the Clone Tool...... but that wasn't true!

Since then crickets!  When can we expect it?

Hilltops

Well Brian Nichols, the Ukrainian team may be hearing sounds quite different from the peaceful crickets you and most of us are lucky enough to hear.

Ivan Azure

Hi Brian,

The Clone tool should appear soon in future updates. However, due to the circumstances in Ukraine, there is no information concerning the exact date. Your patience is highly appreciated.

Please note that perspective correction tools (vertical, horizontal, aspect) are available in Luminar Neo. 

It is possible to find the elements in the Develop tool > Transform:

There are also Lens and Perspective Correction tools in the Develop RAW tool, so one can fix the photo manually. 

Hi Hilltops, 

The team is grateful for the understanding. Similar gestures are highly appreciated and mean a lot to us. <3

Brian Nichols

Ivan, thank you for your response. 

I have been wondering whether the subject of a clone tool had been forgotten since it was originally promised in Version 1.1.0.  To be clear I know it has been delayed, but that doesn't mean we don't want some form of update or probable timeline. 

The correct response to a customer and user is never "silence".

Also, thank you for your kind response regarding the capabilities of the "transform tool".  I did not know that capability was there as I am a relatively new user. 

On a separate note:

Hilltop,

I am quite aware of the political situation and the war the Ukraine is dealing with at this time.  I support freedom of choice and accordingly the Ukraine.  However, I am not really sure this forum is the appropriate place to be blending political ideologies, or political events, with software performance of a photo editing programme.

I am certain that was not the intent of forum.  Nor should it be.

I am suggesting therefore, that discussions should be limited to software issues.  After all, customers are indeed purchasing a product that they pay for and have a right to ask questions without receiving rather condesending replies from others.

So, let's do ourselves a favour and keep out of the "political" stuff.  It is not beneficial.

Thank you Hilltop.

Brian Nichols

Sorry, above message references Hilltop.  Should be Hilltops.

Hilltops

Brian Nichols, there's nothing political about my post. I just referred to the very difficult context in which the Skylum team actually operates and my words were a subtle call for you to be patient and understanding with fellow human beings who find themselves in such a situation. 

Brian Nichols

Sorry Hilltops,

I don't agree.  There is no place for that on this site.

I know full well the situation they are in, I merely asked for a timeline.  That is not an impossible task to fill.  Something like in 5 or 6 months would have been a fine response.  Especially when you know we are not asking them to "re-invent the wheel".

You might consider that there are people who do not support war in any shape or fashion, and they may also be customers. 

Again, this is hardly the place for those types of comments.  They are frankly quite offensive.

Respectfully,

Brian Nichols

You have no b

Hilltops

Brian Nichols, so you keep insisting that you have a right to certain information from Skylum. I sympathize with you that it's always nice to know where one stands in an uncertain situation but this is not always possible. Skylum has mentioned in numerous threads that it cannot give specific timelines for updates. Most people here seem to accept that fact under the present conditions but some, like you, don't. It's your choice, of course.

Please sign in to leave a comment.