Will Share to SmugMug be returning in Luminar Neo?

Planned

Comments

6 comments

• Official comment
    Helga Rowles

Hi Norm,

I'm afraid the Share to SmugMug option won't be available in Luminar Neo, so you will have to export photos to your computer and upload them to SmugMug from there.

Comment actions Permalink
    Norm Gilbert

Won't be available at initial release or won't be available ever? The green tag in the main window says PLANNED. Is that a true one word statement?

You would think that Skylum would have learned their lesson about releasing software with take-aways in it. Especially when there is no technical reason for some of these take-aways.

I am excited about Neo after rejecting Luminar AI as a completely inadequate product for beginners. I asked for and received my money back.

I don't see a huge number of refund requests happening with Neo, as there are so many new features worth having.

I think if you guys were to tell the truth, you'd admit that AI was a disaster financially for Skylum.

I want to be able to use other programs besides Adobe and Apple. I especially would like to be able to use Topaz Utilities as plug-ins and not have to export and import, especially since I cannot easily import the Topaz results as a layer.

Although maybe it is possible to do it as a 100% opaque image overlay layer. The result is hiding all the work done previously in Neo before the export/import to and from Topaz. Somewhat akin to a stamped layer. I haven't had an opportunity to try out layers in Neo.

Even if this goofy workflow works, it is a real kludge that wasn't present in Luminar 4.

Please, try to learn the lessons the market is teaching you  and stop making bad decisions to take away features from an older release when you come out with a newer release.

Neo seems like a huge improvement in so many ways, why would you get rid of simple stuff like using Topaz as a plug-in that you already know how to do?

What would it have taken for programmers to implement the Smug Mug and Topaz features? A day or two, tops? But you just didn't care I suppose to get that little tiny feature done.

Can you at least commit to doing these two things in 2022? Share to Smug Mug and Third Party Plug-ins please.

Patrick Danforth

I too would really like export to smugmug feature, it makes the work flow a lot smoother....vs export to folder, then export to smugmug.

Beth Guide

The ability to export to anything but your harddrive is a HUGE drawback on NEO. Please consider how we work and add the tools we need. I would like Smugmug added at minimum even it it was as per cost add-on

Kate Williams

Hi guys - 

At the moment, this functionality is not on our docket, but I'll make sure to pass your feedback on to our product team. 

Beth Guide

It really needs to and its why I use the older versions of your software. This lacking integration to sharing is a large pitfall. They have made it very difficult. Sharing photos is the way many of us sell our photos and the lack of compatibility with all that just makes this harder to use, so I hope we do more than just let them know about feedback. its a serious issue. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.