Luminar Neo Early Access Update 2 is here. What’s new?

Pinned Featured

Comments

15 comments

Londinense

Good to see that power line replacement now has the restore function activated. I tested it on one image and it did pretty well, albeit removing part of one TV antenna and not touching the other at all. My hunch is that it works less well with diagonal wires. There was nothing in the image that I couldn't tidy up.

Comment actions Permalink
    Neil Stanley

Before update 1 Neo loaded and let me use it - since 1 and continuing throught update 2 it loads shows me the opening screen (with a ghost of the image I edited successfully originally) then immediately crashes. I did a full reinstall after update 1 crashed, to no effect. How can I feedback on this helpfully?

Roy Blackwell

Neil Stanley - sounds to me you have a corrupt catalog. This seems to be a frequent cause of crashes as you describe. I would recommend you locate your Neo catalog and delete or rename it.

Neil Stanley

Roy Blackwell - Deleting and rebuilding catalog resolved that issue. Thx

Eder Choquehuayta

Hello, I just updated, but I have problems with the change of skies, it does not replace or does not work, I use windows 10

They told me that I should change the Windows username, change it and the problem persists.

any solution?

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Eder Choquehuayta!

I'm sorry to hear that the Sky AI tool doesn't work properly. As far as I can see, you have already contacted our support team directly. They'll reply to you as soon as possible to help you solve the issue. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Chuck Henrich

Just tried the powerline removal tool and it worked great on the powerlines, but it also removed some airplane contrails that were white and perpendicular to the powerlines. If you need a sample image let me know.

Katherine Nelson

Hi Chuck! 

We'd be grateful if you could provide us with a sample image via https://skylum.com/support.

Chuck Henrich

Sure thing Katherine. I opened a support ticket with a sample image. Please let me know if it doesn't arrive.

Kory Williams

hey i'm really confused as i've done the most recent update of neo and i cant find the remove powerlines tab nore can i find half the other features pretty much all i have is a heavily reduced version of ai that runs a little bit faster am i missing something??

Elena O'Brien

Hi Kory Williams,

You can find Remove Powerlines and the Dust Spots Removal in the Erase tool.

As for other tools and features, they will be added with the official release of the application, and a few, possibly, with the next updates.

Abhinav Bhatnagar

When is the final product expected to be released? I paid for it in September 2021 and it is now February 2022. Still not a word on the final date. I am not at all interested in using early access versions with limited features and support testing for a product. I paid for full product and not for testing it. How are people even ok with the lollipop of early versions (1, 2 and who knows how many) with few limited features which may or may not work as expected as the product is still under development and being tested? This is probably going to be the last Skylum product I am ever going to use. This is utterly ridiculous. 

Helga Rowles

Hi Abhinav - the official version of Luminar Neo is expected to be released by the end of February, please stay tuned!

You will have 30 full days after the official release to make sure that the app meets your needs or request a refund if it doesn't.

Heather Arent

Before update 1 Neo loaded and let me use it-since 1 and continuing through update 2 it loads shows me the opening screen (with a ghost of the image I edited successfully firstly) also incontinently crashes. I did a full reinstall after update 1 crashed, to no effect. Sounds to me you have a loose roster. This seems to be a frequent cause of crashes as you describe. I would recommend you detect your Neo roster and cancel or brand it

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Heather Arent,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Let's try to restore from backup. 

On Windows:
    1. Make sure Luminar is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar Neo Catalog folder. The default location is C:\Users\%username%\Pictures. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar Neo Catalog folder. Choose any name you like.

Try to launch Luminar Neo and create a new catalog. If you're able to load the app, please, try the following steps:

1. Make sure Luminar Neo is closed.
    2. Navigate to where your previous catalog is stored.
    3. Locate the Backups folder in the catalog and open it.
    4. In the Backups folder, select a file that has been created prior to when you encountered the issue with the library and copy the file somewhere where you can easily access it.
    5. Rename the file you just copied by adding the following after the file name (omit quotes): '.luminarneo'.
    6. Start Luminar Neo.
    7. Click Luminar Neo >File > Catalog > Open > point Luminar to the file from Step 5.

On macOS:

1. Hold down the Option key on your keyboard and start Luminar. Keep holding Option until you see a window with a list of available backups appear.
    2. Select a backup that was created before you encountered the issue with the library and click Restore from Backup.
    Here is the video tutorial that may also be helpfulhttps://www.loom.com/share/2fad8457bbb34faa948ea766a002aad8

Please let us know how it worked.

Please sign in to leave a comment.