NEO update 0.9.3 CRASH CRASH CRASH

Answered

Comments

15 comments

Roy Blackwell

User to User: all working fine on my Windows 11 machine and Android 12 phone.

Comment actions Permalink
    Londinense

Installed and working on my Mac Mini. Luminar Share connected to my iPad this time. Luminar Share still needs the ability to delete individual images.

I took a quick look at Portrait Bokeh and it worked perfectly. I didn't play around with any of the sliders though, apart from the basic one.

I didn't get to read what's in the update prior to installing. It would be nice if the folks at Skylum could provide that here, so we can look at what's new and test it out.

Plugin still doesn't work with On1 Photo Raw.

Francois de Melogue

Roy Blackwell maybe i'll try unload and reload.

Londinense yes - would love to know what was updated. I could not find anything other than less stable.

Londinense

Portrait Bokeh has been added.

I pointed some instances where sky replacement was less effective in Neo that in Luminar 4, so I hope that has been rectified.

I will also take another look at power line replacement.

Francois de Melogue

I am still unimpressed with power line removal. Noble idea - would be great for me as a real estate photographer. I appreciate the effort though needs loads of work - even in the new update. I have some basic scenes with only one set of powerlines that it cannot see. I know it is an issue of color and brightness but seems it should be basic.

David Ng

I cannot install this update.  I get to 80% then it stops and gives me a message that "Something isn't working".  I've tried disabling Norton 360 but still get the same error.

Austin Miller

Hello Francois,

Could you please provide us with the crash logs?:

1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your reply to this email.

Here is the video tutorial on how to collect logshttps://www.loom.com/share/d7d8325cb83b4539a0a2dae3ebf286f6 

David, please reach us via support@skylum.com so we can provide you with the offline installer.

Francois de Melogue

Austin Miller i will do so today - though since the crash occurs on both my phone and the app itself - are you getting all the info you need? 

Roy Blackwell

David Ng - try this installer as provided by Skylum (if using a Windows machine):

https://downloads.skylum.com/luminarneo/win/Win_Luminar_Neo.msi

Francois de Melogue

I uninstalled NEO and reinstalled it - and in the process realize that they added the ability to save to my computer and use as a plugin. The NEO Share function is something I have no interest in (even if it worked for me) so I am good to go.

David Ng

Roy Blackwell - This seems to install the same version I already have, Update 1 (0.9.2).  My issue is installing Update 2 (0.9.3).  But thanks for trying.

Tania Taylor

Hi Francois de Melogue!

We have sent you an email to check some more details of your case. Could you please check your inbox?

Tania Taylor

Hi David Ng!

Thank you for sending an email to the support team! We'll check your situation and get back to you as soon as we can.

Norbert D.

Auch bei mir funktioniert alles ohne Absturz auf meinem Windows 11-Computer und auf meinen Samsung A51 mit Android 12. Selbst als Plugin mit Affinity-Photo. Das Entfernen von Sensorflecken und Stromleitungen klappt in meinen Augen auch sehr gut.

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Norbert D.!

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us!

I'm glad to hear that our software works properly on your machine and that you enjoy using it.

Please sign in to leave a comment.