Pointing to Lightroom Library

Answered

Comments

3 comments

Roy Blackwell

User to User: Neither Lightroom nor Luminar do anything with your actual photos. You point the apps to where your photos are located, and they create a database that records those locations. Lightroom cannot read a Luminar database and Luminar cannot read the Lightroom database. These databases (catalogs) store your edits.

Comment actions Permalink
    Brian Jones

Thanks Roy.

I makes sense to me that the databases are not compatible and It is understandable that my edits won't transfer over and I'm ok with that :)

My question is regarding the folder structure I have carefully curated over the years and how Luminar shows that folder structure within the app.

Will the folder structure remain the same in Luminar as it was when I was using Lightroom?

The reason I am asking is because the Luminar website only shows the editing interface and doesn't really show the organisational side of the software.

This is what I see in LR. Will it look similar in Luminar?

Having used Lightroom for may years I understand how the catalogue works and the concept behind non-destructive editing.

Ivan Azure

Hi Brian,

You can pay attention to the following workaround (within which the existing folder structure should migrate): https://www.dropbox.com/s/fcuphntatl32fmf/Migrate%20Lightroom.docx?dl=0 

Please sign in to leave a comment.