iCloud Photo access on Mac?

Answered

Comments

5 comments

Manuel Friedl

What happens to photos if you choose „edit with“. They will be stored as „external sessions from photos in some folder.
    But i assume they will never be removed and theres no way to get the adjustment back to photos app.
    How to get more photos at once into Luminar, edit them as a batch and save changes into photos app??

Comment actions Permalink
    Michael Sonshine

> I can't seem to browse for them from Neo, 

Perhaps I don't understand the problem.

When I click on File -> Add Folder With Images I get a browse window identical to the Finder dialog box and iCloud is listed in the sidebar of that dialog box and when I select that I get my iCloud folder structure, including any images I have stored there. So my first question would be whether or not you hav iCloud listed in the sidebar of your Finder window. The settings for the Finder window are in the Finder Preferences -> Sidebar section.

But perhaps I am misunderstanding your issue?

Robin Edwards

As far as I can see, my iCloud photos library is not part of the iCloud folder structure? So I can see whats in iCloud but not the full library? Or maybe its me thats confused!

Michael Sonshine

> As far as I can see, my iCloud photos library is not part of the iCloud folder structure?

I really don't use iCloud as a repository because I have plenty of space on my MacBook Pro, on an attached ssd and a second attached 8TB hard drive, so perhaps I am missing something here, but if your photo library is not part of your iCloud folder structure how do you normally access it? Can you get to it using Finder? Or do you access it in some other way?

Kate Williams

Hi Robin,

You may want to try invoking Luminar Neo as an Apple Photos extension. 

You can check the instructions here: https://manual.skylum.com/ai/en/topic/using-luminar-ai-as-a-photos-for-macos-extension (they're for Luminar AI, but Luminar Neo works in the same way).

Please sign in to leave a comment.