Luminar Neo Early Access Update 1: Better performance and Luminar Share

Pinned Featured

Comments

57 comments

Michael Mansfield

So far, so good. I'm really impressed at the speed the program responds now, even though it's not the full version yet. No glitches or crashes so far, early access program and update 1 downloaded without any problems on my Windows 10 i5 desktop PC. Thanks to all the Skylum team for all your hard work. All I really need for now is the white balance tool to be added, otherwise I'm happy so far.

Comment actions Permalink

I've been trying out the Share function on Luminar Neo. but even though both the computer and the smartphone are on the same wireless network, I can't get the smartphone to establish contact with the computer.

Helena Carter

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out.

If you have any connection issues with Luminar Share, make sure that you use the same network for both Desktop and Mobile and they can communicate with each other.

If the connection still fails, please try the steps below.

First, please find your mobile device’s IP address:

Then, ping the mobile device from your Desktop:

If the ping fails:

1) Try to add exceptions to the firewall

- instruction for macOS: https://blink.ucsd.edu/technology/security/user-guides/firewall/mac-snow.html 

- instruction for Windows: https://lexisnexis.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1081611/~/adding-exceptions-to-the-windows-firewall 

2) Try to turn off AP isolation on your router (please refer to one of the links below depending on the model of your router):

- linksys: https://www.linksys.com/gb/support-article?articleNum=135098 

- asus: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044821/ 

- tp-link: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2089/ 

3) Change the Windows 10 network location to private:

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-set-your-networks-location-private-or-public-windows-10/ 

Roy Blackwell

Neo/Luminar Share: I can send photos from my Google Pixel 6 Pro (Android 12) phone to Neo (Windows 11), but I cannot send from Neo to my phone. It starts sending but then crashes (app closes). Where on my phone should I find photos transferred to it from Neo?

Sacha Fournier

Is there any way to delete photos on Luminar Share ? I only see an option to share. What if I don't want to keep photos on my phone after sharing them ?

Londinense

Luminar Share asks me to scan a QR code on Neo, but no QR code appears when I open it.

I am on iOS and macOS Monterey on M1.

Roy Blackwell

User to User: Did you try this?

Londinense

It's confusing. The first screen comes up saying scan QR code. It is not clear that one needs to move on to the next page of the instructions before doing so.

Cannot connect anyway.

Bernard Zając

Since last update Luminar NEO is very unstable. On windows, it shuts down after minute or two.

Austin Miller

Hello Bernard,

Could you please send us event logs?:

1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it email to support@skylum.com.

Here is the video tutorial on how to collect logshttps://www.loom.com/share/d7d8325cb83b4539a0a2dae3ebf286f6 

Hello Londinense

Could you please specify what is the error message that appears after you try to connect the device?

ALAN WHEETMAN

I am using the Luminar share app on my iPad and Luminar Neo on my iMac. Both are sharing the same wi-fi connection. I have successfully ping tested my iPad from the iMac. I am still unable to link through share and get the message: Can't connect to Luminar Neo... Please make sure your devices are connected to the same wi-fi network and try again.

Update: Has anybody using a Mac succeeded in getting Luminar Share to work because I haven't. Every other App that requires communication between my mobile Mac devices and my iMac simply works, whether I have to read a Q code or otherwise. Luminar share does not. I've pinged and that works ok. I am not going to mess with the settings on my router on the advice of a software developer that hasn't yet worked out how to load more than one LUT at a time into its software. There are no firewalls set up that would prevent my devices from talking to each other, these are Macs after all. I am curious to know if anyone has achieved a connection on a Mac and what steps it took to make it work. I am with those who believe that Airdrop between Macs is likely to be much more stable. 

Londinense

Austin

Roy Blackwell

User to User: Note that some wifi routers support more than one network. For instance, my router has a 2.4ghz network and a 5G network. Also, note that on your computer that your network is set to 'private.' I discovered one of my computers had my network setup as 'public.' I switched that to 'private.'

On my Windows 11 system, my only issue is that sending a photo from Neo to my Android 12 phone does not work. I can send from my phone to Neo without issue.

Update: After uninstalling/reinstalling the Luminar Share app, I can now send photos from my laptop to my phone. Yea!

Alan Trinder

I have the same problem as Roy Blackwell and after reloading it did seem to work with the screen on phone saying uploaded photos will appear here.

I have ye to see the image I tried, ok it could take a while but there is no indication it is in process and if you close the app there seems to be no way to get to the uploaded image screen. Am I missing something?

Alan Trinder

Is there a way to transfer IPTC and EXIF information to and from Neo (or any Luminar product)?

Also is there a way to export the edited file back to the original file without manually direction it.

Many thanks

Anastasiia Moore

Hi ALAN!

Please clarify whether you tried this step:

Try to add exceptions to the firewall

- instruction for macOS: https://blink.ucsd.edu/technology/security/user-guides/firewall/mac-snow.html 

- instruction for Windows: https://lexisnexis.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1081611/~/adding-exceptions-to-the-windows-firewall 

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Londinense!

Please clarify if you get this message after scanning the QR code?

Have you tried the steps Helena provided below?

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Alan!

Luminar doesn't store/process IPTC data, however, the EXIF data (all info about your camera and the conditions in which the photo was taken) should be preserved.

As for your second question, for now, you should manually choose the export directory while exporting the file.

Neo 0.9.2

- Once you've zoomed in past the point where the whole image will fit on the screen, how do you scroll it so you can see the bit you're interested in? There are no scroll bars, and if you're in Erase, click and drag selects the area that will be affected.

- What should I expect Dust Removal to do? I've been looking at some images where there was something on the sensor leaving a grey smudge on the resulting photos and it does... nothing at all from what I can see.

Erase sometimes has good results, but because you can't say 'get your info from here', sometimes they are obviously wrong.

Here's the smudge - there are photos where it's more obvious, but they tend to be the easiest to fix.

Before

After 1 - it's obviously got the 'edge of the small valley' wonrg

After 2 - better, but why?

The other thing I think this shows is that it could really do with some (optional) feathering of the effect...

If I select more of the picture to get every bit of the smudge, more is invented, sometimes obviously so. If I select less, the halo of the smudge is left clearly visible as in the middle picture.

The powerline removal can be a bit enthusiastic.

Before:

After:

It's done a really good job of the actual power / phone line (there's much more that I didn't include in the screen grab) but note that some of the barbed wire has gone - where it's against the grass - but nowhere near all of it. Pick one, please: all or none!

I tried seeing if selecting an area first would do the removal just from that area, but it does the whole picture every time.

Alan Trinder

Hi Anastasiia

I di not find the exif data are exported, I can see a limited amount imported but not the date/time or the geo data, both of which are very important and may be essential if I can get the android share app to work. Can send screenshots if you wish if you don't believe me :)

Please note I am talking Neo here, I do get the info on L4 and AI I think

Londinense

Anastasia

I tried connecting again this morning and it was successful. No idea why as I hadn't changed any settings!

I am not sure how useful Luminar Share is for Mac/iOS users since files can easily be transferred by Airdrop.

Also, I can't see any way to delete files in Lumina Share. I selected an image but no trash icon appeared. And, when I turn my iPad to the horizontal position, the image does not move in tandem.

Looking at other photos that do have an argh dust problem... this a bit of sky from one trip where I didn't realise until I got home that there was dust on the sensor from the very start :(

Camera jpeg, one spot is not very visible until you know it's there:

Same bit of sky, and the dust is bit more visible after PL3 has done its magic..:

.. and using AuroraHD just makes it go 'LOOK! DUST ON THE SENSOR! ONE SERIOUS! One medium and one less serious' in the same bit of sky:

(Actually, it's worse than that: I had to trim this PNG a bit to get the file size under 2MB - other dust marks got cropped)

After Neo's had a go at dust removal, it looks better than the original camera jpeg..:

.. but AuroraHD still 'enhances' what's left..

.. especially on another bit of sky:

Again, the ability to select an area and go 'do this properly' would be very useful.

This trip was to Venice which is absolutely perfect for HDR photography - except if all your skies have dust circles on them.

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Member!

As for the scroll bar, it appears only when you start scrolling. 

You can scroll up/down the list of folders this way:
    1) using your touchpad
    2) using the mouse wheel

As far as the Remove Dust Spots tool is concerned, would you be so kind as to send us the original file you're working with?

Here's how you can send us the file with the recording:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request at https://skylum.com/support

Thank you in advance!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Member and Member!
    We'd appreciate it if you could send the photo you were working with to our support team at https://skylum.com/support. We'll use them to train the algorithms. 

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Alan!

I've checked with our techs. It seems that this is a known issue in the current build of the Early Access version. 

Our tech team expects to fix it in the upcoming updates. 

I'm sorry for the temporary inconvenience.

Londinense

Re dust spot removal: it would be nice to have a "reveal dust spots" option (as there is in LR and PR 2022), in order to be able to tidy up manually.

Re powerline removal: In many cases I can use the manual erase tool to tidy up where it's not worked well. However, I suggest a "restore" brush to enable one to brush over areas where the removal has been too enthusiastic. 

Darryl Brooks

I just realized there is supposed to be a feedback button? I found a Provide Feedback item under the Help menu, but it just takes you to the generic Skylum support page. Am I missing something? 

Thanks

Alan Trinder

Any chance of an ACDSee plug in, this is my main catalog filing system (and I have seen I am not alone)

Please sign in to leave a comment.