Comments

7 comments

Pedro Irizarry

I have the same problem. It Crashed without a warning. It was working at the beginning.

Comment actions Permalink
    Elena O'Brien

Hi guys,

Please try the following steps:
    1. Hold down the Option key on your keyboard and start Luminar. Keep holding Option until you see a window with a list of available backups appear.
    2. Select a backup that was created before you encountered the issue with the library and click Restore from Backup.
    Here is the video tutorial that may also be helpfulhttps://www.loom.com/share/2fad8457bbb34faa948ea766a002aad8

Let us know how it worked.
    Laurent Grenet

Hi, this problems appears when I use a SD card as source and save solution.

If I eject the SD Card (Mac Air M1) and close the Luminar Neo, when I try to open the apps I have the crash. If I delete the old catalog on the disk where is Luminar I can start it. 

If I use picture on my HD disk I have no problems

Perhaps a bug with the save method on the apps ?

Laurent Grenet

New... now same bug when I use HDD image... 

I try the backup solution

Katherine Nelson

Hi Laurent Grenet,

If the steps above do not help, please reach our support team via https://skylum.com/support so we could take a closer look at the issue you have encountered.

Thomas Hineman

I am having the same crashing problem on startup with my Windows 11 PC. using

the early release of the final Luminar Neo

Tania Taylor

Hi Thomas Hineman!

Could you please try the following solutions?

1. Make sure Luminar Neo is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar Neo Catalog folder. The default location is %username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar Neo Catalog folder as well as the Luminar Neo Catalog.luminarneo file inside this folder. Choose any name you like. 
    4. Start Luminar Neo. The software will ask you whether you want to Create a New Catalog or Choose a Different Catalog. 
      Click Choose a Different Catalog > navigate inside the folder you renamed in Step 3 > double-click the Luminar Neo Catalog.luminarneo file you've renamed in Step 2.

If the 4 steps above don't help:

1. Make sure Luminar Neo is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar Neo Catalog folder. The default location is %username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar Neo Catalog folder as well as the Luminar Neo Catalog.luminarneo file inside this folder. Choose any name you like.
    4. Open Finder.
    5. Navigate to Applications > Utilities.
    6. Launch Terminal.
    7. Paste the following string into the Terminal window: defaults delete com.skylum.luminarneo
    8. Press Enter on your keyboard.
    9. Close Terminal.
    10. Launch Luminar Neo. Go through the initial setup. Leave the location of the catalog at the default (in the Pictures folder). 

If the issue persists, please reach out to our support team via https://skylum.com/support

Please sign in to leave a comment.