I completed the survey after an editing session - however the survey blocks the program interface, so I failed to point out a few issues, that are quite annoying and could likely become frustrating should they not be fixed in the final release.
1. Full screen image view? The mac version doesn't let me view an image in full screen without any interface elements.
2. Filters in catalog - The existing options via dropdown menu are all/favorites/rejected/unmarked/edited. I would wish for a little more flexibility here. At the very least I would need an option to hide my rejected pictures - I assumed I was rejecting them for that reason ;)
3. Virtual copies - Let's say I did some fancy edits on a picture that took me some time to complete. I am happy with the result but also want a version of that image with the same edits - but let's say cropped differently. In that case I want to create a virtual copy of the image, so I can keep both versions. I don't see any way to do that apart from creating a duplicate of the image file on my hard drive (which is silly.)
Other points that I listed in the survey (I think...)
4. Star ratings? I know this gets requested a lot - and I think it should. I really hope it gets added in since it would improve my workflow drastically.
4b. If we can't get star ratings (...sigh) can we at least have an option "open in NEO" in Luminar 4? Then we could rate images there and edit in NEO... I don't love the idea, but that could work.
5. Right now, in the current Mac version I have to go to the catalog to select an image for editing. I regularly find myself hammering the arrow keys in edit mode, expecting to jump to the next image, but it doesn't. I assume it will be added with the "filmstrip" that doesn't seem to be there, yet :)
Overall NEO seems promising, fast and stable to me and I'm really rooting for Skylum to get the basics right with this one.
Please sign in to leave a comment.