SAVING A LUMINAR NEO IMAGE TO APPLE PHOTOS

Answered

Comments

13 comments

Helga Hufflepuff

Hi Marty,

Please, note that early access version doesn't include all the functionality we planned to implement in Luminar Neo. For now, when selecting Edit In > Luminar Neo in Apple Photos, Luminar Neo opens as standalone version, from where you need to export your file. Extension version is going to be added a bit later. Please, stay tuned

Comment actions Permalink
    Kevin Mazzone

Any update on when this will be added?

Helga Rowles

Hi Kevin - you can already use Luminar Neo as an extension in Apple Photos :)

Here's how the extension should be invoked:

• Launch Photos from your Applications folder.
    • Choose an image to edit in your Photos library.
    • Click the Edit Photo button.
    • Click the Extensions button and choose Luminar Neo
    • When done, click the Save Changes button to send the adjusted image back to Photos.
    Christian Wright

Hi

Trying to do just this, but i do not appear to have a save changes button. Using MacOS 12.6 and Neo 1.4.

Thanks

Margaret Bright

Hi Christian,

Let's try the steps below:

1. Delete the app with AppCleaner. Download AppCleaner from here: http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner 
      Drag Luminar Neo from your Applications folder into the AppCleaner window. When removing Luminar, mark all the files and folders in the list, except for RTW788AXG3.com.skylum.luminarNeo.
    2. Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Utilities.
    3. Launch Terminal.
    4. Paste defaults delete com.skylum.luminarneo in the Terminal window and press Enter on your keyboard.
    5. Paste defaults delete com.skylum.luminarneo.photoextension in the Terminal window and press Enter on your keyboard.
    6. Close Terminal and restart your Mac.
    7. Download Luminar Neo here: https://skylum.com/download/luminar-neo-paid 
    8. Double-click the zip folder to extract Luminar.
    9. Copy the extracted file to your Applications directory.
    10. Launch Luminar Neo, activate it if necessary, and open any image in it.
    11. Navigate to System Preferences > Extensions and see if Luminar Neo is displayed in the list for Photos Editing. Enable it if needed.

In case Luminar isn't on the list when you're on Step 10, no worries: restart your computer one more time and make sure that Reopen windows when logging back in is unchecked.

Launch Luminar Neo, open any image in it, and navigate to System Preferences > Extensions one more time, Luminar Neo should be on the list now.

Check if you can see the Save Changes button now.

I hope this helps. 

Christian Wright

Hi,

This doesn't appear to fix it.

Not sure if its me being stupid, but I do not see a "Save Changes" button.

Katherine Nelson

Hi Christian,

Please send us a screen recording of what you do in the software exactly so we could identify the issue. Here's how to record a screen on Mac:

https://support.apple.com/guide/quicktime-player/record-your-screen-qtp97b08e666/mac

Here's how you can send us the file:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request at https://skylum.com/support 

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

William Bourne

I just downloaded Luminar Neo today and bought a license… the first thing I tried was Photos integration, and I have exactly the same issue as Christian - there is no “Save Changes” button. It’s quite frustrating and I can’t figure out what the issue might be.

M1 Air, Mac OS 12.6, Luminar Neo 1.4.0 (12754)

Elena O'Brien

Hi William Bourne,

Have you tried steps suggested by my colleagues above?

William Bourne

Yes! Thank you!

I followed the steps and its working now. 

Pierre-Olivier fortin

Hello! I have the same issue : inexistant "save changes button". I followed the steps. Did it twice. Still not working. I'm a new customer and this has to work unless I will ask for a refund. Thank you.

William Bourne

One hint: When using Apple Photos, you have to choose edit, first, so you are editing the photo in Apple Photos. *Then* use the menu with the "3 dors in a circle" to choose Luminar Neo.

IF you select the photo in Apple Photos without editing it and use the "Edit With >" in the popup menu it won't work. It will start Luminar Neo with the photo in single image editing mode - you can edit the image, but not save it back to Apple Photos. (The Save Changes button won't appear)

Pierre-Olivier fortin

You figured it out, William Bourne, thank you!

Please sign in to leave a comment.