Early Access to Luminar Neo’s new features is available. What is it?

Comments

41 comments

Dave Bongaerts

Hi I installed Luminar Neo on my Mac book pro. On my iPhone I installed the app. Both devices are on the same wifi network. After scanning the QR code I get a message that the app can not connect. Can I get additional support on this?

The first impression is that Luminar Neo is way faster than Luminar AI. I ask my self if I need Luminar AI in the future. It looks to me as a complete product replacement.

Comment actions Permalink
    Daniel Gauss

power line removal, before and after: (cropped screenshots) Agree with others, the manual erase function is much faster.

I tried the power line removal on another shot of this church from a slightly different angle, and it removed the lines perfectly. So... it's what, inconsistent?

On a different topic, does anyone else have trouble with the Share app? I'm showing connected, but nothing is moving between platforms. 

พี่เสือ (Juergen)

Feedback to the relight tool. It really powerful and works for the most pictures. In some cases it not works properly. Here is an example 

Original:

Edit with relight:

Jim Evans

Remove Dust Spots (RDS)

I think this feature has a lot of potential, but here's my experience. In the product shot I edited, with the product against a white wall, RDS found and removed some dust spots, removed some items that weren't dust spots (a couple of pin-holes in the wall to the right of the apron), and misinterpreted one shadow (the hook) as a dust spot. The image below is an animated GIF playing at two second intervals. You can see a couple of spots it missed in the upper right quadrant, and the shadow of the third hook was mistaken for a dust spot.

Katherine Nelson

Hi Jim Evans,

We'd be really grateful if you could send us the original image for further training!

Here's how you can send us the file:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request at https://skylum.com/support
    Carl Lum

I tested the Powerline Removal feature again in the latest Neo (v0.9.3 9097) and it does a pretty good job with sharp, clearly defined powerlines. But it still struggles mightily with lines that are out of focus. Luckily manual erase works pretty well.

Original image:

After running Powerline Removal:

Tania Taylor

Hi Carl Lum!

Thank you so much for the feedback!

Indeed, the Powerlines Removal tool is still in development, but the AI algorithms will become better each time you use it. We'll appreciate it if you send us the original image via https://wetransfer.com/ and send us the link via https://skylum.com/support so that we could use it for the ML training.

Vicente González Martínez

Otra prueba de "Eliminar cables eléctricos" con Luminar Neo 0.9.3 sobre MacOS 12.2

JPG exportado sin ningún ajuste:

JPG aplicando únicamente remoción de cables eléctricos :

JPG con varios ajustes de Revelado RAW y Eliminar cables eléctricos :

Enlace a la imagen original RAW en skylum.com/support. (La imagen original era 1 pieza de 16 para un panorama)

Ivan Azure

Hi Vicente González,

Could you please specify whether you have tried to reproduce the issue within the official release version?

leina ilisp9

Hi 

good evening

Your updates are greatly appreciated. Thanks for the update. Neo appears to be working as it should.

thanks a lot

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Leina,

I'm glad to hear that you enjoy editing with Luminar Neo:)

Please sign in to leave a comment.