AI crashes constantly on my Mac laptop

Completed

Comments

3 comments

Tania Taylor

Hi Stan Haney!

Please try reinstalling the app in the following way:

• Delete the app with AppCleaner. Download AppCleaner from here: http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner 
      Drag Luminarᴬᴵ from your Applications folder into the AppCleaner window. When removing Luminar, mark all the files and folders in the list, except for RTW788AXG3.com.skylum.luminarAI.
    • Go to Pictures -> Luminarᴬᴵ Catalog and rename this folder (if you have created the Catalog in another Location, please navigate there and rename the Catalog folder).
    • Open Luminarᴬᴵ Catalog folder, locate the file LuminarAI Catalog.luminarai and change its name too. 
    • Go to Application Support (launch Finder > Go > Go to Folder > paste /Library/Application Support/Skylum Software and delete LuminarAI folder.
    • Go to Terminal and paste: defaults delete com.skylum.luminarai , then press Enter
    • After that please install Luminarᴬᴵ back from the link below:
      http://skylum.com/download/luminar-ai-download 

Please let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Comment actions Permalink
    Stan Haney

Thank you Tania.

I had some success and some failures in following your instructions.  All went well until I came to the line about go to the Go>Go to Folder.  I went there and I pasted in your language and it could not find anything.  I tried multiple iterations and got nowhere.  If I stopped at "Appllication Support" a list came up but Skylum was not on the list.  So I skipped to the next line and went to Terminal and  pasted in your text and i got a message saying that the file I was looking for did not exist.  I felt then that I might as well download AI again and try it.  It seems to work - hasn't crashed yet - but I am getting lots of messages saying that it is using nearly all of my memory.  I am working with RAW files so they are large.  But I don't get this warning using any other photo software.  I will let you know how it goes.  I haven't yet tried rebooting but that will be my next stop.  Thanks for your help.

Stan Haney

Hello Tania,

My use of LuminaAI as an ad-on to Photos on my Mac laptop appears to be much improved after following as many of your instructions as I could.  Thank you for your help.  Stan

Please sign in to leave a comment.