Humble Bundle 2021 Instructions

Pinned Answered

Comments

37 comments

Angela Andrieux

Thanks for sharing these thorough instructions!

Comment actions Permalink
    Hector Warsong

Sure thing!

Hector Warsong

Oh and a question as well Angela Andrieux: If I need to edit the long post above, will it then return to the pending approval state, preventing other people from accessing it?

Angela Andrieux

It shouldn't but you can email me at angela@skylum.com and I'll double-check the approval status for you. Thanks again for helping the community!!

Alex Bogush

Thanks for the info! Regarding points 6a-6f: instead of re-registering you can change node `IsFirstLaunch` in `%AppData%\Luminar AI\StateSettings.xml` from `false` to `true`. Thus Luminar AI will import all legacy templates upon a next launch.

Hector Warsong

Alex Bogush That is a much more elegant solution! I'll add it to the guide right away.

Kiloe Young

how do you do step 6 on a Mac?

Hector Warsong

I have no experience with Mac, but the equivalent of the AppData folder seems to be ~Library/Application Support, which is hidden by default - just like the AppData folder on Windows.

Does that answer your question?

Kiloe Young

sadly the windows and Mac version are not quite a 1 to 1 version so there is no XML file that I can find in there. I also cant find the folder to place the sky textures. 

it also will not import the looks from Luminar 4 for some reason. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling luminar AI but it still won't find the legacy looks. a little disappointed skylum has made this so convoluted. seems almost deliberate to try and force people to just get frustrated and but them from their store. 

Hector Warsong

Try checking in the other ~Library folders

EDIT:

Library Preferences perhaps

Helga Hufflepuff

Hi Kiloe,

I'm very sorry to hear that looks didn't migrate from Luminar 4 to Luminarᴬᴵ. Can you kindly e-mail us via https://skylum.com/support form? We will check all the details and see how this can be sorted.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hector Warsong

@Kiloe Young Have you tried running a search for StateSettings.xml btw?

Larry Lindner

6a didn't work for me

Hector Warsong

Are you on Mac or Windows?
    In what way does it fail?

Thank you, works just fine

You are a hero. Thank you so much!

Hector Warsong

Happy to help!
    P.S. If anyone finds the StateSettings.XML file on Mac, please let me know in this thread

Thomas Loyal
    You're billed at the time you start your plan. With that payment, you unlock the current month immediately! Since you already paid you can instantly access the current month of Humble Choice, and use your choices for that month.

Lynne Pariseau

where is this Humble Bundle - i.e. when can I download it from? I do have a subscription  to Luminar X.

thanks

Katherine Nelson

Hi Lynne Pariseau,

Please kindly note that the pack from Humble Bundle is a limited-time collection you can purchase on Humble Store and it's not connected to Luminar X membership. The items from the membership can be downloaded from there: https://skylum.com/account/membership 

Steven Sanmarco

Just a quick question, I already had all the programs except AI and it's add on's will that change the way I do things? I just bought it for AI and will be giving away the other stuff.

Hector Warsong

Nope, just skip straight to step 6 :)

Steven Sanmarco

I think I am going to have to have a friend come over and do this, it is a bit to technical for me. I did replace the False with true but after that it makes not sense to me. Thank you for the help.

Hector Warsong

You only need to perform steps 6a-6e if you didn't install the Looks into Luminar 4 before you opened Luminar AI for the first time - but yes, the whole process is a bit complicated

Steven Sanmarco

I did not because I had Luminar 4 installed on my computer from the last time Humble Bundle sold a Luminar bundle a couple of years ago. I thought it was all stuff for AI as far as the add ons go.

Lukaa

Just tried and as others, cannot find StateSettings.xml on Mac M1 with Mojave. Any ideas please?

Hector Warsong

Did you run a search?

Lukaa

Of course! Even opened Luminar AI package (Show Package Contents) but nothing there. Also, where do I put Skies and LUTs?

Kate Williams

Hi everyone, 

Please note that we do not recommend placing the sky textures to C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar AI\profiles\SkyTextures. Any subsequent update of the software will remove them from the list. 

If you'd like to add the sky textures to the software (so that they constantly appear there), please follow the steps below: 

click Skyᴬᴵ > Sky Selection > select upper menu with skies > Show Custom Skies > copy the skies to the folder that opens. 

We recommend keeping no more than 50 skies loaded at a time for better performance.

This video tutorial can also be helpful: https://vimeo.com/555513945 

This instruction is valid for both macOS and Windows users. 

As for LUTs, placing them into C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar AI\Data\LutFiles will result in them being removed after the next update since this is not a documented way to use LUTs. It can also cause stability issues.
    At the moment, LUT files can be uploaded one by one, so I recommend storing them in any convenient and easily accessible location on your drive and then accessing them this way: 

1. Launch Luminarᴬᴵ
    2. In the top bar menu, switch to the Edit tab. 
    3. Scroll down to the Creative section.
    4. Click Mood > Choose LUT > Load Custom LUT file 
    5. A dialog window will open where you'll need to navigate to the folder with your LUTs and choose the one you need. 
    6. Confirm the selection and enjoy the tool. 

This video tutorial can also be helpful: https://vimeo.com/555535162 

Member, as for the StateSettings file, please note that Luminar on Macs has a different organization of system folders. It doesn't have an AppData folder containing the StateSettings file. 

If you need to migrate some looks from Luminar 4 to Luminar AI, you may want to follow the steps below:

Please make sure you have these looks installed in Luminar 4.

Next, try reinstalling LuminarAI. If you have created your user templates or added any skies or sky objects to the app make sure to secure them somewhere else, as they will be deleted too. We recommend doing a full uninstall with AppCleaner. AppCleaner is a free app that automatically removes not only applications but also the related files, making 'clean' uninstall easy.

• Download AppCleaner from here (click this text to open the link).
    • Install AppCleaner and start it.
    • Drag LuminarAI from your Applications folder into the AppCleaner window. When removing LuminarAI, mark all the files and folders on the list.
    Lukaa

Thank you very much for detailed and constructive instruction. All works now and I'm already enjoying great selection of assets.

Please sign in to leave a comment.