Luminar Neo vs Ai

Answered

Comments

7 comments

Austin Miller

Hello Victor Maze,

Please note that Luminar Neo and Luminar AI are individual apps with unique AI tools and are not Lightroom or Photoshop replacements. 

Luminar Neo and Luminar AI can do even more than Photoshop or Lightroom.

You can check the video from Jim Nix about Luminar Neo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAXrY_o0BLM

Comment actions Permalink
    Marco Marrocco

>Luminar Neo and Luminar AI can do even more than Photoshop or Lightroom.

:rolleyes:

...I know this is marketing speak and all, but if I were you I'd be more careful with these sort of claims.

Just my 2 cents,

--

Marco

Roy Blackwell

Victor Maze, Luminar AI is not like Lightroom other than neither have layers. Luminar NEO is definitely not like Photoshop other than both have layers. All of them are images editors so they can do similar things but to compare them as you have is not accurate.

Austin Miller, Luminar Neo and Luminar AI may do a few things Photoshop and Lightroom do not, but to say they can do more is not accurate in my estimation.

Bill Salopek

Luminar has been criticized for having overlapping products, products that dead-end (Luminar), etc. 

I see there is a comparison page on the website, which I suppose has been created to try address the endless questions about the differences between two products, Luminar AI and Neo - one of the comparisons is the number of AI tools.  The page says that one of the products (can't remember which) has 9 (if memory serves), and the other has 13, BUT DOESN'T SAY WHICH ONES ARE THOSE OTHER FOUR.

I wanted to buy on Black Friday, but I guess I'm done today being blasted by ads and now having to do even more research to find the answer to what should be easily found information.

Yeesh.

Roy Blackwell

User to User: Luminar Neo will have the following: Relight AI, Powerline Removal AI, Portrait Background Removal AI, and Remove Dust Spots AI. Additionally, Neo will reintroduce layers. Find Jim Nix on YouTube and view his videos about Neo. In case you missed it, Neo will be released late January 2022 for the first 30K preorders and early February for everyone else.

Bill Salopek

Thanks Roy - so you are saying it's those four Ai tools that will be in Neo and NOT in Luminar Ai.

Otherwise, Neo will have ALL the Ai tools found in Luminat Ai.

Is there then any reason to choose Luminar Ai over Neo (besides the supposed "simplicity")?  Is there anything at all that Ai can/will do that Neo can not?

Thanks again.

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Bill Salopek!

Luminar AI and Luminar Neo are two independent applications that are designed to serve two different purposes.

Both applications will be available on the market so that our users can choose the software according to the preferred workflow and the desired outcome.

Luminar AI is the easiest-to-use image editor fully powered by artificial intelligence for those who prefer a time-saving Template-driven workflow for quick results.

In its turn, Luminar Neo is for those who want more editing options and more creative control. The application provides the ability to build detailed and expressive images with an advanced layer-based workflow and flexible tools that can be applied in any order.

You can find more about the differences between these two applications in this post:

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/4407058770066-What-is-the-difference-between-Luminar-4-Luminar-AI-and-Luminar-Neo-

Please sign in to leave a comment.