No Neo for me

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Elena Blum

Hi Wil IJpelaar,

Luminar Neo is a new product and it's not an upgrade from Luminar 4 or Luminar AI. 

Compatibility and performance updates for both Luminar 4 and Luminar AI will be still delivered. These updates will be free.

Please note that all of our licenses are perpetual licenses.

Together with a perpetual software license, we usually offer a technical support period of one/two years.

With perpetual software licensing, you as the customer pay an upfront fee for the software license as well as a limited additional support period that includes additional benefits. After the support period has expired, you have the option of continuing to use the current version of the software without updates for the new operating system versions or of paying for the upgrade / new version.

Both Luminar 4 and Luminar AI will continue to run for many years to come (as long as your computer meets the system requirements).

Comment actions Permalink
    Philippe CARON

Cela n'engage que moi, mais voilà mes impressions sur l'évolution des luminars.
    On aurait pu avoir un luminair AI 2.0 qui aurait été  le luminar NEO. Mais ...
    La base conceptuelle de luminar AI ne devait pas permettre l'évolution prise par les concepteurs de luminar NEO. 
    comme pour luminar 4 vers luminar AI d'ailleurs.
    Les concepteurs de Skylum ont su préférer rebâtir sur de nouvelles bases plus saines, un nouveau logiciel plutôt que bricoler l'ancienne version et cela me parait sage.
    L'avenir le dira, attendons février voir ce que NEO va nous montrer.

Les tests de la version beta sont alléchants !!!!!

Lars Janssen

> Please note that all of our licenses are perpetual licenses.

Is this still true? I just purchased a licence for Luminar Neo but it shows a subscription in my account that renews after 1 year.

I don't want to automatically renew; depending on my needs at the time and any available updates, I would like to consider my options. If I cancel just before 1 year is up, can I continue to use the software without updates?

Sorry to bump an old thread but it comes up on a Google search for "luminar neo perpetual license".

Tania Taylor

Hi L J!

At the moment this thread started, we had only lifetime licenses, but last summer, we introduced subscriptions as well. The subscribers can use the app and its extensions and have access to free upgrades as long as the subscription is active.

If you want to buy a lifetime license, please contact our support team at skylum.com/support, and they will issue a refund for the current subscription so that you could make a new purchase.

Lars Janssen

Hi Tania,

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm sorry, having come across this issue I cannot use the software productively anyway so I have requested a refund.

I am using Luminar AI for now, which crashes too often but is just about manageable. Is this software still being updated?

Margaret Bright

L J,

While we re still issuing updates for Luminarᴬᴵ in general, at this time we are not able to provide an ETA for the next update. We kindly ask you to email us via https://skylum.com/support regarding the Luminarᴬᴵ crashes - our techs will gladly help you fix this.

Please sign in to leave a comment.