Luminar in PSE 2022

Answered

Comments

4 comments

Roy Blackwell

I have PhotoShop Elements 2022 and Luminar AI works as a plugin without any issue on my Windows 11 laptop. Do not have Windows 10 anymore but I'm guessing it would work on it just as well.

Have you installed the latest update to Luminar AI (Update 5)?

Comment actions Permalink
    Viv Pyner

Thanks Roy for your post. I have Luminar Update 5, Version 1.5.0 (8588). I created a folder called C:\Adobe Plugins\ and put Luminar4.8bf in that folder after pointing the preferences to that folder as you have done in your photo. It still did not work. Is there anything else you did?

Maybe upgrading to Windows 11 will do the trick, but I am not ready yet to do that.

Roy Blackwell

Viv, are you meaning Luminar AI or Luminar 4? The Luminar 4 plugin file will not launch Luminar AI. You need this file: LuminarAI.8bf.

Viv Pyner

Many thanks for your help Roy, I have now found out what I did wrong. I should have had the file LuminarAI.8bf, not sure how I managed to download the Luminar 4 file. I have deleted C:\Adobe Plugins and put the correct file in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2022\Plug-Ins. Luminar now loads as required. Thanks again.

Please sign in to leave a comment.