Luminar AI Update 5: Recommended skies and minor bug fixes

Pinned Featured

Comments

17 comments

Theo Voorbij

I don't know how others think about this, but I find it annoying to have suggestions for skies I have to pay for. I have plenty of skies and the same counts for my templates. I have bought some templates and have the extra membership where I get them monthly. I ended the subscription because I don't like to be spammed with even more templates and now skies to buy in a program I paid for. I'd rather see 3 choices I do own for both skies and templates. Everybody knows where to buy more if needed. I was a big fan from the start but this is holding me back to advertise to friends and others. The same for your new NEO program. Why do I have to see that in a program I paid for? It's annoying to see.

Comment actions Permalink
    Margaret Bright

Hi Theo,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I will pass your feedback to the respective department.

Stefan Hebestreit

Skylum now recommends 2 "local" skies and one special one you have to buy :D no matter if you are a Luminar X Member and already downloaded several skies... one is a new one to buy... 

next New Feature: a Luminar Neo Button in Luminar AI ... no thank you. Luminar AI became a sales and advertising software. 

fun fact: Skylum starts supporting Cams that were released in June. They still not support Cams released in January ... 

Hedley Wright

Whilst the updated support for the EOS R5 raws is welcome, early tests indicate that shadow recovery falls well short of that from my benchmark app, DXO Photolab. Less able to recover and banding and halos are visible. IMHO Skylum are spending too much time looking for new AI features to ensure users upgrade and not enough time on raw processing quality. JPGs attached, the differences are more apparent in TIFFs but I can't upload those to this site.

DXO Photolab top, Luminar AI bottom. Only adjustments are shadows raised to 100%. Note the banding along the cliffs, the halos around the stacks and the loss of detail in the sea.

Theo Voorbij

Another point I forget to mention is the fact that templates still aren't in alphabetically order, which would have been addressed some updates ago.

Hedley Wright

Original raw for reference, exported from DXO without adjustments as jpg.

Anastasia Davis

Hi guys! We appreciate your feedback. You are making us better. 

I will forward your comments to the relevant department. 

Brian Panek

I agree with Theo, above, about the marketing scheme Luminar has instilled in AI. It looks

like desperation for sales on Luminar's part. Please update and get rid of this petty ploy to sell more product and make better the one's we already have....

Theo Voorbij

Anybody else get a band under their image with sky replacement?

Tania Taylor

Hi Theo Voorbij!

We have replied to your email via support@skylum.com. Please check your inbox.

Theo Voorbij

Thanks for the reply. But I don't think it's the solution to my problem. It's a workaround and I could also cut the bottom which isn't the real solution too. I replied to the e-mail, hoping on a fix.

Myke Kim

How do I go back to the prior version (4..something). 5 crashes and it is useless!

Elena O'Brien

Hi Myke Kim,

Please reach out to us at http://skylum.com/support and we'll get that sorted out for you ASAP.

Enrique Costa

Hi,

About Luminar AI Update 1.5.1.

Any update to any software from any manufacturer may fail in the installation process.
    This was what happened to me when I installed the latest Luminar AI update, the program completely crashed, it would not start.
    No problem, I used the repair installation option instead of uninstalling and reinstalling. Everything correct and working.
    Remember that we have this option, at least for Windows users.

Regarding the Luminar AI 1.5.1 update, I want to say that in my experience, I see a performance increase.
    Could you give details on the content of the updates?
    Could you let us know if our suggestions are being taken into account? I would like to collaborate effectively.

Best Regards...

E.Costa

Kate Williams

Hi Enrique,

Appreciate your feedback.

This is a minor update for Windows users. It contains performance optimizations for our neural networks and doesn't affect the results (edits) generated by our AI-powered tools. 

Mark Jacobs

My Sky replacement has stopped working. I am using as a Lightroom Plugin and I select to edit in AI it opens everything work until I go to save. The file is sent back to Lightroom but without the sky replacement of any of the changes I made. I have removed the plugin for Lightroom and the rebooted added it back and still nothing. Not sure what happen

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Mark Jacobs!

Please try to invoke Luminar AI as a plugin in Lightroom in the following way: right-click on an image > Export > Luminar AI > Open Source Files/Edit Copy with Lightroom Adjustments.

After you hit Apply, the photo should appear under Catalog>All Photographs in Lightroom.

Please let us know how it works.

Please sign in to leave a comment.