Comments

3 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Lowell,

If the plugin doesn’t appear in Photoshop automatically, please open the Luminar Flex Application and choose File > Install Plugins then select the host application. If this doesn't resolve the issue, please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support so we can take a closer look at your particular case.

Comment actions Permalink
    Lowell Flanders

I tried your suggestion several times. It still doesn't work. I have two versions of PS on my computer, 2019 and 2021. I have Luminar Flex on the 2019 version, but it isn't loading on 2021 and the selection for "Host Application," doesn't distinguish between versions. 

Kate Williams

Hi Lowell, 

Manually installing the plugin should help:

1. Make sure Photoshop is closed.
    2. In Finder please click Go > Go to Folder and paste the following path: /Library/Application Support/MacPhun Software/LuminarFlex/Plug-Ins/. There will be a bunch of files in there, the one you're interested in is LuminarFlexPlugin.plugin.
    3. Open a new Finder tab or window and navigate to Applications/your_version_of_Phothoshop/Plug-ins/Filters/
    4. Copy LuminarFlexPlugin.plugin into the folder that you opened in Step 3.
    5. Launch Photoshop and see if you have Luminar Flex under Filter > Skylum Software.

Also, please keep in mind that Luminar Flex isn't compatible with macOS Big Sur. 

However, we do provide free Luminar 4 licenses to those who're facing issues with Luminar 3 and Luminar Flex on macOS Big Sur. You can redeem yours here: https://skylum.com/support 

Please sign in to leave a comment.