What is the difference between Luminar 4, Luminar AI and Luminar Neo?

Pinned Featured

Comments

8 comments

Jim Bochicchio

Will the ai layer masks generated in NEO be exportable so they can be used in other software that supports layer masks or as a high resolution .tiff file?

Comment actions Permalink
    Sam Walker

Will you be offering a demo download? After paying for AI and it taking so long for the updates to make it useable, I'm leery of having another update I pay for being barely  useable for months.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Sam! Sure, you will be able to download a trial once the software is released. 

Hey Jim! The masks will not be exportable. I will forward your request to the person in charge. 

Jim Bochicchio

Please do, thank you...

The lack of importing and exporting masks limits AI's use in my workflow. It would keep me from moving to Neo.

Phil Knowles

No difference as all the software sucks and is a complete rip off. Much better software out there that provides values for money and good support.

Wil IJpelaar

I think it's outrageous bought Luminar 4 and immediately after that Luminar AI comes out, I also bought it again to keep up.
    But it's just outrageous that they now come out with the same photo editing program Neo.
    Why not build the new Luminar AI into a top photo editing program Luminar Ai 2.0 but no Skylum is fooling their consumers and just releases a new program Neo which also just edits photos.
    I'm completely done with it and switch back to PaintShop Pro, they now also have AI.

Elena Blum

Hi Wil IJpelaar,

I have also replied to your concerns here: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/4408256607378-No-Neo-for-me

Larry Ott

For God's sake people.... please finally lock in on the NEO product and spend your effort developing and refining a single leading edge product instead of trying to reinvent the wheel every year and sell us yet one more splash in the pan product.  STICK WITH NEO, finally.  Spend you time on making it the best and invest a few pennies in the rather simple integrations with productivity tools like the loupedeck live and loupedeck CT.

Please sign in to leave a comment.