Comments

2 comments

Fredrick Heidepriem

I love the ease of use, and flexibility, but it sometimes oversharpens enough to leave a glow around the subject when posting on social media. Maybe Instagram is to blame, but it doesnt look like it on my monitor when done editing and saved as a tiff. Anyone else have this problem?

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Frederick - We actually have quite a few wildlife photographers among our customers! I encourage you to join our Luminar Insiders Community at insiders.skylum.com. We even have a wildlife sub-group where you can connect with other like-minded photographers.

With regard to halos, I've found with my own work that they are more noticeable at small sizes. On larger displays, you may not notice because there is more space for those edits to blend. To check as you're editing, you can use the zoom tool to zoom out and make the image appear smaller on your computer's display which will give you a better idea of how it will appear on mobile devices and social media. You can then adjust the amount of sharpening and detail-related adjustments accordingly prior to export.

Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.