Neo and Luminar AI Catalog

Answered

Comments

12 comments

Elena Blum

Hi Mark,

LuminarAI and Luminar Neo are designed to serve two different purposes.

As we plan to have both applications available on the market, we will ensure, that it receives updates to its performance and camera support, so it provides an excellent experience for those who rely on it. We’ll ship updates for things like the forthcoming Windows 11 from Microsoft. So if you prefer Luminar AI Workflow, you can use it in the future too. Also, the app will also continue to run for many years to come.

Comment actions Permalink
    Gary Bowen

"LuminarAI and Luminar Neo are designed to serve two different purposes."

Therein lies the problem for the consumer - we haven't seen those purposes clearly defined in order to make an informed choice/decision.

Raymond Isbill

This is just bad business practice and typical for skylum. Create a new buzz worth get sub par software only to stop development after a year. I should have learned my lesson after buying L4 only to see it end a couple months later and AI took over. Camera support and bug fixes is useless if we aren't seeing new development and feature upgrades. I will not buy another product from skylum period. AI was never marketed as being for "amateurs" and honestly it's not worth the price either way. There's little Intelligence in the software and it can't even do blemish removal well.

Matt Orth

we will ensure, that it receives updates to its performance and camera support,

Thats what you said when you abandoned L4.  Will AI get additional features, or is it frozen where it is?

Austin Miller

Hello Matt,

Luminar AI is not frozen and it will still receive its planned updates.

Matt Orth

And those planned updates would be?

Raymond Isbill

I was told by luminar that AI just like L4 will only see support updates such as camera compatibility. It will see no major improvements or additions. To me that means it's dead just like L4. Since I only bought AI a few months ago I demanded a refund and I'll never buy anything they make going forward.

Tim Horne

"Luminar AI is not frozen and it will still receive its planned updates."

"we will ensure, that it receives updates to its performance and camera support,"

That's what Skylum has been saying for three years about Aurora HDR. Aurora HDR has not received any performance and camera support since the last major release. The only thing updated was support for MacOS that Apple caused. DO NOT TRUST Skylum!

Mike Lee

"Luminar AI is not frozen and it will still receive its planned updates."

...LOL. I give it a year, tops, before it's left to rot in the same dump as Luminar 2018, Luminar 3, Luminar 4, and Luminar Flex. It's the same song and dance, and it's kind of insulting that ya'll would think we'd believe anything would be different this turn of the Skylum merry-go-round.

Elena O'Brien

Hi Mike Lee,

Please note that we still support Luminar 4 and it will receive at least one more update.

Also, we do not have plans to stop the support of Luminar AI just yet.

Regrettably, as much as we would love to, we are not able to support each and every application we've ever released forever. At this moment, having a different vision of what a photo editing software should look like and what it should be and represent, we wouldn't be able to still support the very first Luminar from 5 years ago and prevent ourselves from growing as a company and as people by doing that.

We are currently evolving and coming up with new ideas, we listen to the feedback we get from our amazing customers and, as a result, create something innovative that would be easy, yet convenient and fast to use. We would not be able to put all these updates in our very first Luminar, as they have very different concepts and we can't redo the whole application and think that people would be okay with it. Some people would prefer to still use the software they've grown to love without the new features, and that is fine with us, therefore, we are trying to support our previous applications for as long as possible.

I hope you can understand our vision and support us on our journey.

Martial Fournier

Translator

Bonjour,

Je ne comprends pas votre logique, il aurait suffi de mettre à jour luminar AI avec les améliorations  de Néo. Quitte à les payer ... mais un nouveau logiciel ????? De plus sans pouvoir regarder l’efficacité de ces nouvelles fonctions.   NON. Et pourtant j’ai toute la gamme luminar mais là, c’est trop !!!

Cordialement

Mike Lee

Sorry, Elena,

But I've been burned too many times to understand your vision or support you any longer on your "journey."

It's dishonest marketing plain and simple, and the business model leaves so many out to dry. It's insane to me that your company has announced Neo when so many, including myself, can barely use AI because of all the stability and performance issues. How in the world can you truly expect any sort of loyalty from us, when all we get is half-baked, unstable, unreliable, and abandoned software in return?

You say that we can simply continue to use AI if we don't want to buy Neo, for as long as we'd like, but how is that possible when it's so incredibly slow and buggy? Of course I understand that you can't just keep supporting every piece of software indefinitely... but when you move on to the next program while the current one is in such a poor state, every... single... time... how do you expect that to build any sort of trust with us?

But it's infinitely clear this kind of feedback doesn't resonate with anyone there, so I'm really not sure why I even bother. At least one good thing came of this Neo announcement - it's solidified my decision to never give Skylum another dime.

I'm not a video gamer, but ya'll could learn a lot from the story of No Man's Sky and their "redemption":

'No Man's Sky's Disastrous, Wonderful, Amazing Journey - Variety

Please sign in to leave a comment.