Answered

Comments

4 comments

Richard Harrington

We'll pass the ideas on to the team.  

For HDR we still sell Aurora HDR.

Comment actions Permalink
    William Hanrahan

Thank you. Adding a navigator is a must if you want to attract Adobe users, as it is an important feature in LR and PS. I have Aurora HDR, but having HDR within Luminar would allow me to work within one program on raw files. Aurora HDR and Luminar would be a lot more valuable as one program compared to two separate programs. LR has HDR, so the need for two programs to approximate the capabilities of LR makes Skylum products a less attractive alternative. You could have two versions of Luminar--one with and one without HDR--and charge more for the one with HDR. That way you protect your revenue from your HDR software while creating a serious Lightroom alternative. If you do that and add the navigator to Neo, you would likely have a product that is better than LR IMO.

Tim Horne

William,

Don't waste your money. I've been a customer for a number of years. They have not updated their camera list since Aurora HDR was released.  They just tell you to use the Adobe DNG converter. NO! When I bought into what they were doing, they wanted to give Adobe a run for their money and even sold fools like me on that fact. They told us that they would "look into" updating Auror HDR when Luminar was finished but nope, they went forward and started on NEO. Skylum has a lot of potentials but once they get your money, they cease to care.

Since they told me to use Adobe, I did and I haven't looked back. I now use Luminosity Masks plugin with Photoshop which gives me more power and control over what Skylum is doing. In my opinion, Skylum does not care about the pro photographer anymore but are targeting those who do not know a lot about photography and helping those who do not know how to work to get a shot.

Also, ON1 (no association with them), is doing what you suggested. Having an editing tool with HDR functionality built-in. It looks to have a lot of promise. Why do I keep coming back to these forums? To help warn others not to part with their money. Just do some searches, many photo forums out there and Skylum continues to lose what reputation they had.

William Hanrahan

Thanks for the tip. I looked into ON1 Photo Raw and it looks amazing. It may just be my dream editor where I can use the raw data and do all of the edits I want in one program. The AI masking is jaw-dropping. The paradigm of the program and the way it uses layers is different from Photoshop, but seems extremely intuitive. I could see myself getting comfortable with ON1 real fast. I am going to buy it. I preordered Luminar Neo, but I can always get a refund if they don't include HDR or a navigator. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.