Neo questions

Answered

Comments

48 comments

Fred Peatross

I'll never buy another Luminar product. There's no excuse for Luminar releasing slow, non-working versions. I now have a totally inoperable copy of Luminar that I paid good money for!

Comment actions Permalink
    Margaret Bright

Hi Fred,

We kindly ask you to email us via https://skylum.com/support - our techs will gladly help you fix the issues you are experiencing with Luminar. Alternatively, if you would prefer getting a refund for your purchase, our team can assist you with that as well.

Londinense

Fred, Your post lacks plausibility (an humility) since you can't even get the name of the product right.

I have been using Neo without issue (other than lack of promised features, but they are coming bit by bit) since the beginning of the year.

You are lucky to have had a prompt and polite reply from a company representative, considering they all have other things on their minds at present.

Fred Peatross

The team at Luminar did get Neo running but my oh my it's not 

Fred Peatross

My original copy of Neo was with the early orders. The first copy wouldn't open. I waited and downloaded a revised version. It didn't work. I contacted Luminar. They did get the software to open but my oh my! I don't think this is exactly how it was meant to work! It's simply unusable! I'm sad

Fred 

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Fred Peatross!
    I'm sorry to hear that you encountered the issue with Luminar Neo from the start. 
    Please clarify that I understood you correctly. Are you still experiencing the issue with the software now? If that's so, please describe the problem in detail. 

Fred Peatross

The main problem is it's so slow it makes no sense to use. I could never open the original version but the latest version allowed me to open but it doesn't seem like a very inviting (or friendly) start page. Maybe this is really how everyone's start page looks like?? But the primary problem is Neo is way too slow to run and I have an Alienware Gaming computer. 

Thanks in advance

Fred Peatross

Helga Hufflepuff

Fred Peatross,

I'm really sorry to hear that Luminar didn't work well. Can you please tell us what is your main concern in terms of speed? Did it take long to apply edits/launch app/export photos? How long did it usually take?

Fred Peatross

It's the launch that takes so long I usually give up. Sometimes the ADD PHOTOS button on menu disappears. Is there a new version coming?

Tania Taylor

Hi Fred Peatross!

As far as I can see, our support team member helped you resolve the Add Photos button issue at the beginning of April. If the issue reoccurs, could you please send us another email so that we could keep and then track our correspondence in one place?

As for the new version, our team is committed to releasing regular updates with new features and memory optimization solutions, yet due to the current situation in Ukraine, we can't tell you specific dates yet.

Olaf Peuss

Sigh, Luminar Neo, even in its latest 1.4.2 version still destroys all EXIF and IPTC data, and it doesn't matter whether you export from a stand-alone Neo or use Neo as a LR plug-in.

That software is waste of time, because it takes ages to restore the EXIF and IPTC data manually for each exported photo. Obviously, Skylum is absolutely unwilling to do anything about that issue since it has been  known and constantly ignored by Skylum "support" team.

Margaret Bright

Hi Olaf,

Could you please confirm which camera you use? 

Olaf Peuss

It's a range of Nikon DSLR and DSLM. I've got RAW files (.NEF) from a D90, D3200, D5100, D7000, D7100, D750, Z fc and Z 6 II. And it's exactly the same result across the board: Luminar Neo destroys the EXIF and IPTC data when exporting RAW to TIF or RAW to JPG, and it doesn't matter whether Neo is used as a stand-alone app or as a LR plug-in. I haven't tested other export file formats and I'm not inclined to do so, because I don't need them. I haven't tested other RAW formats, either, because I don't own cameras from Canon, Sony or other manufacturers, but I trust that the results aren't any different. 

As I wrote before: Skylum pretend to be interested but don't do anything to tackle the issue. For me, Skylum software ends with Luminar 4. As long as I can still use L4, that's fine, but I've deinstalled Luminar Neo and won't be wasting my time with it any more.

Darryl Brooks

What possible difference could it make what camera is used. EXIF and IPTC are industry standards and this has been a constant problem with Skylum software going back to Luminar 3. 

Olaf Peuss

Darryl Brooks: I was asking myself the same question, but hey, I'm only a stupid customer and they are the masters of Artificial Intelligence, so what do I know? Perhaps they can invent yet another reason why I, my camera and/or my computer are at fault when Luminar Neo wrecks the EXIF and IPTC data of my exported files. Or they can explain to me why their Artificial Intelligence is so much more intelligent than I. Or just keep on ignoring the issue, if nothing else helps.

Darryl Brooks

The equivalent of the cable company's, "Turn off your modem, wait 20 minutes and call back if you are still having a problem." Modern tech support is about closing tickets, not solving problems. 

Olaf Peuss

"Modern tech support is about closing tickets, not solving problems."

You should have that statement patented, because it hits the nail on the head precisely and concisely.

Anastasiia Moore

Hi guys,
    Let me kindly note that the issue with lost EXIF was resolved in one of the first updates of the application. However, recently there were a few complaints from the Fujifilm cameras users who reported a similar issue, that's why my colleague asked you what camera you use.

Could you please send us the images you're working with?

We want to run some tests and reproduce the issue on our end in order to understand at which point it occurs and report it to our devs.

Here's how you can send us the files:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request at https://skylum.com/support

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Please sign in to leave a comment.