Another Beta software release

Answered

Comments

7 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Paul

I encourage you to check out our FAQ page. It should clear up a lot of confusion. https://skylum.com/luminar-faq/neo/general

As for your purchased add-ons, they will carry over. Installed Templates will be migrated (and many purchased Templates will be updated specifically for Neo). All of your skies, objects and other assets will also work in Neo.

If you choose to invest in the pre-order, please do so with confidence as we offer a 30-day money-back guarantee that starts the day the product ships so you'll have ample time to test and make sure it is a valuable addition to your workflow.

Comment actions Permalink
    Robert Chlup
    When I asked when Luminar 4 will be further developed and the upcoming bugs will be fixed, Skylum gave me the date 2022!
    I can't hold back from laughing!
    I am amazed and amazed you don't hear anything about the Luminar 4 update, no camera updates, nothing like Luminar 3 and Luminar 2018 and it looks like Luminar Ai is also discontinued on sight!
    You sell the users for stupid and develop something that is not compatible with anything else you will have to spend money again so that the plugibs work great business model and the drum rolls around so that updates of software that have already been paid for are forgotten!
    I ordered Luminar NEO for 34 € my expectations are actually not very high, so you can no longer be so disappointed!
    and yes i am crazy
    If Adobe would deal with its users like that, they could lock them up!
    Elena Blum

Hi Robert ,

LuminarAI and Luminar Neo are designed to serve two different purposes.

Both applications will be available on the market so that you can choose the software according to your preferred workflow and the desired outcome. 

Please note that Luminar AI license is a perpetual one. It means that together with a perpetual software license, we usually offer a technical support period of one/two years.

With perpetual software licensing, you as the customer pay an upfront fee for the software license as well as a limited additional support period that includes additional benefits. After the support period has expired, you have the option of continuing to use the current version of the software without updates for the new operating system versions or of paying for the upgrade / new version.

LuminarAI is a complete set of tools that will not grow in complexity. You can continue to expand its template-driven workflow with new additions from the Luminar marketplace or with Luminar X. We will ensure, however, that it receives updates to its performance and camera support, so it provides an excellent experience for those who rely on it. We’ll also ship updates for things like the forthcoming Windows 11 from Microsoft. And the app will also continue to run for many years to come.

Paul Goff

Everything continues.  But what is NEO.  Vague descriptions are inadequate.  Is it a continuation of either of your previous products?  What does it do that the others don't?  You don't seem to understand that users understand yearly improvements but have trouble (at least I do) with yearly new "better than ever" products flashily advertised with add-ones that are more expensive than the core program and with little description.  It seems the company is more into promotions than actual program development.  Luminar of course is not alone in this but to me is the outstanding current example of flash over substance.  What's this new program about?  Why should we buy it? Please.

Paul Goff

It's all marketing.  A new better than ever automatic everything apparently, several months off.  $34 for the first 30,000 buyers.   Unclear what type of super duper photographic nostrum they are selling.  Yesterday they claimed 28,000 or so buyers already.  Today 20,000 buyers.  I find the approach condescending and insulting.  

@Paul Goff

„ Yesterday they claimed 28,000 or so buyers already. Today 20,000 buyers.“

I‘m with you all the way concerning their marketing strategies, but about the above: It‘s what is left, not what is sold already… ;-)

Stefan Hebestreit

I am done with Skylum. My friends are too.

Nothing more to say. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.