Luminar 4 Looks in Luminar NEO

Answered

Comments

7 comments

Alan Silberlight

I contacted Luminar support for an answer to my question. Of course, they refused to give me a direct answer to my direct question.

Here is their response:

Thanks for reaching out.

We understand that you’d love to use your previously created Templates in Luminar Neo. Therefore, we’ll take care of the migration process. Our team will provide you with a special utility to convert your custom Templates into a Luminar Neo-compatible format. You'll be able to take your favorite settings with you when switching to the new software. 

Please let us know if you have more questions.

Best regards,

Anastasia
    Skylum Support Team

I responded with the following:

You did not answer my question. Is this deliberate because you think I'm an idiot or did you fail to read it well?

I NEVER asked you about AI Templates migrating to NEO. I CLEARLY asked you about Luminar 4 Looks migrating to NEO and will they be seen in NEO the same way they are seen in 4? Let me repeat: Will the Luminar 4 Looks be seen in Luminar NEO IN THE SAME WAY they are seen in Luminar 4 or will they be seen in the unacceptable, confusing mishmash they are seen in in Luminar AI?
    Can you answer my clear question with a clear answer? I am not an idiot.

Comment actions Permalink
    Katherine Nelson

Hi Alan, 

I am afraid the Luminar 4 looks will not migrate but we understand that you’d love to use your previously created Templates in Luminar Neo. Therefore, we’ll take care of the migration process. Our team will provide you with a special utility to convert your custom Templates into a Luminar Neo-compatible format.

Alan Silberlight

So far, no response from Skylum to my clear, direct question.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Alan,

Any Templates you have in Luminar AI will be automatically migrated. As for the organization, we don't have specifics on that portion of the user interface yet. We'll share more about what that will look like closer to the launch.

Moreover, the majority of the purchased Luminar AI Templates will be reworked so you could install them in Luminar Neo. After the release, you’ll be able to re-download the compatible files from the My Add-ons section of your Skylum account.

Alan Silberlight

My response:

You do realize that in no way does this answer my question. You must think I am awfully stupid.

Their response:

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.

I am sorry for the confusion.

Regrettably, it will not be possible to migrate Luminar 4 looks to Luminar Neo.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with and have a marvelous day!

Vadym
    Skylum Support Team

Alan Silberlight

So...we will have to see exactly what Luminar NEO will offer. Will it be a mishmosh or an intelligently conceived program like Luminar 4?

I'm also wondering if there will ever be an update to Aurora.

Agatha Winter

Hi Alan,

We'll reveal more info about Luminar Neo workflow, tools, functionality soon. Please, stay tuned! 

In the meantime, I recommend taking a look at the most frequently asked questions for Luminar Neo since they may already contain the information you're looking for. 

As for your second question, at this time, we have no precise ETA for the next Aurora HDR update. However. if you have any suggestions, you're welcome to share them with us here :) I'll make sure to pass them to the relevant team. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.