Easy to add to any album

Answered

Comments

5 comments

• Official comment
    Helga Rowles

Hi Satoshi,

I have forwarded your feedback to our product team. Thank you for taking the time to share your suggestion with us!

In the meantime, I'd like to add that it is possible to multi-select images in the Catalog view in order to drag them to an album all at once. Use Cmd + click on macOS or Ctrl + click on Windows to select multiple discrete photos. Press Shift + click to select multiple contiguous photos. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Satoshi Inoue

Why a contextual menu?

In the right pane, I have a lot of catalogs, so each album is placed quite far down. I select the catalog and choose any image. Then I scroll down to the top of the right pane to see the corresponding album, and finally drag it there. To put it another way, I would like to operate adding an album in a single flow, rather than having to go through the steps to add it to an album. Add to the desired album with one click.

I'm more greedy; I think it would be quite useful to have the ability to create temporary albums like Lightroom's collections. For exampe, it would be even better if only the images marked as favorites in the same catalog could be collected with one click. *Of course, you will also need the ability to remove all favorite marks at once. Well, I don't want as many complex features as Lightroom, I want simplicity.

Helga Rowles

Got it, I can definitely see that having this option would be really helpful for your workflow.

Although Luminar doesn't have temporary albums, you can find it useful to sort images by how you have flagged them:

Satoshi Inoue

If what I've mentioned so far is desirable but difficult to achieve, the quickest way to deal with it is to adjust the appearance. 

Currently, both folders and albums are placed in the same area. This can be handled simply by clearly separating the folder display area from the album display area. *Make it scrollable in each. In this case, it would be better if there was a function to extract albums by search terms in the area.

Katherine Nelson

Hi Satoshi,

Thanks for your suggestion! We will surely share it with our devs.

Please sign in to leave a comment.