Luminar AI does not treat my image right (it seems)

Answered

Comments

8 comments

Margaret Bright

Dear Albert,

I would like to kindly ask you to email us via https://skylum.com/support so that we could investigate your case properly with the help of our techs. They will take a look at your files and advise on further steps.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and hope to hear from you soon.

Comment actions Permalink
    Albert Grit

Thanks for your quick reply. No need at all to apologies.

I cannot upload my RAW file there as it exceeds 8MB so I've put the link to the file on google drive in the description as well.

Thanks in advance.
    Albert Grit.

Larry Moore

Albert,

FYI, your image displayed properly on my PC - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz, 64.0 GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 (Driver Ver. 471.68) Windows 10 Home, Version 21H1, OS Build 19043.1165.

You may want to check and make sure you have the latest driver for your video card.

I took the liberty of a quick edit hope you don't mind.

Albert Grit

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your help. I checked and updated the drivers for the video card but that did not change anything.

What was the first step you had to take when you edited the image (which I realy appreciate).

On my computer I first have to choose a profile or change the exposure to -2.
    Starting with the Enhance AI tool does not work.

Larry Moore

Hi Albert,

I am inserting the history from Luminar AI for the steps taken in editing your photo. Remember to read from bottom to top. Hope you can follow the convoluted work flow! BTW what video card/s are you using?

Part One

Part Two

Larry Moore

Albert,

As additional info I also shoot with Panasonic cameras and Luminar appears to have recognized each of the cameras that I have used as well as the RW2 file that you posted. I have not had to manually download any camera profiles to get them to work. 

As an experiment you might want to convert that file to a DNG to see if that will make a difference. 

Larry

Albert Grit

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the info. Did the rose look overexposed on your screen before you started editing? I can pretty much understand what you did to the image. I took the original image and did the first 4 of your edits and it improved the image a lot.

I've had contact with the Skylum support team and have sent them a screen recording of what happens on my screen. The say it is normal what I see.
    But I have other images where the jpeg looks good on the monitor. No highlights but when I add the RAW version to Luminar AI the subject looks overexposed. They are all images with a specific subject like the rose.
    I've added the same RAW file to Darktable (open source program) and the original images looks good on the screen.

I don't know how to convert the camera profile to DNG and to be honest I don't want to do that. I switched from Darktable to Luminar AI because it is much easier to understand.

If this is the way it works I think I'll have to accept that.

My video card is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 (2Gb)

Greetings,

Albert.

Larry Moore

Hi Albert,

"Did the rose look overexposed" No, at least I didn't think so. I tried Darktable and came to the same conclusion as you.

BTW DNG conversion is quite easy. Adobe has a DNG converter that is free to download. After installation, open the converter select the files you want to convert, select a location (original folder or new folder) and click convert.

Larry

Please sign in to leave a comment.