Plug in not working

Answered

Comments

11 comments

Elena Blum

Hi Marcia,

Please access Luminar or Aurora HDR from Adobe Lightroom using Export in the following way:

• Right-click on the image > Export > Export to Luminar 4 > You have an option to Open Source Files or, if you've made any changes in Lightroom that you'd like to transfer over to Luminar 4, you can also choose Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments.

After applying adjustments in Luminar and Aurora HDR your photo should appear in Lightroom's Catalog > All Photographs. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Larry Lief

Hello Elena,

I am in the same situation and see that Exporting works. Does "Edit in" not work in 6.14 for Luminar AI? I do not see it as an option although Luminar 4 shows up.

Thanks,

Larry

Marcia Jolley

Elena, the Export to Luminar AI works, thank you. The Export to Aurora HDR does not. LR says it is uploading to Aurora, but once finished, I am still in Lightroom; Aurora does not come up and is not on taskbar.

Austin Miller

Hello Marcia,

Manually installing Aurora as a plugin for Lightroom should help. Here's how to do this:

• Make sure Aurora and Lightroom are closed.
    • Download the plugin file from here (click Download in the upper right): https://www.dropbox.com/s/52brb5i6kdsqgak/AuroraHDRExport.lrplugin-1-0-0-2550.rar?dl=0 
    • Right-click the .zip you've downloaded > click Extract All. When prompted to specify the destination for the extracted file, click Browse. Paste the following path into the address bar in the top of the window that opens: %appdata%\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules
    • Click Select Folder and then click Extract.

Here is the video tutorial that may also be helpfulhttps://www.loom.com/share/6a9f2442bce443a2b9311fba97bc6046 

Larry, please try the following:

1. Make sure Lightroom is not running. If Lightroom was running, reboot your PC before proceeding. 
    2. Right-click the Luminar 4 icon > Run As Administrator.
    3. Click File > Install Plugins.
    4. Click Uninstall next to Lightroom.
    5. Reboot your PC.
    6. Right-click the Luminar 4 icon > Run As Administrator.
    7. Click File > Install Plugins.
    8. Click Install next to Lightroom.

In case there's a message You have to install this software first, click Browse and navigate to where the .exe file of your host application is. After you show Luminar where the host app is, you will be able to install the plugin for the host.

Let us know how it goes.

Larry Lief

Hi Austin,

I think you meant to say "Luminar AI" and not "4". 

When I open the standalone program, Install Plugins is grayed out. In fact almost all menu options are grayed out. Here are the File, Account and Help menus.

Marcia Jolley

Thank you, Austin, it is working.

Kate Williams

Glad to hear that, Marcia!

Larry Lief,

Would you please share a full-window screenshot? Does the screen look like this: http://prntscr.com/1qfdiin ? (That is, you see "Welcome to Luminar AI") If so, please click on the + button indicated in my screenshot with a red arrow do add at least one image to the app. All menus should become enabled after that. 

Larry Lief

Hello,

No. My first screen looks like:

After I clicked on the +, only the Language option was not greyed out.

Kate Williams

Hi Larry,

Thanks a lot for the screenshot!

First, I'd recommend creating the catalog in its default location (that is, the Pictures folder of Drive C). To change the catalog location, click on the "Change" button indicated by arrow #1. 

Next, please click on the Add Folder or Add Image buttons indicated by arrow #2 in my screenshot. 

Larry Lief

Hello Kate,

Yes! Adding a folder made all the menu items active. Thanks.

Would you confirm one thing for me? In Lightroom Classic, 6.14, I find the plugin works via "Export" or File/Plugin Extras/Transfer to Luminar AI". However, it does not work using "Edit In..."? Luminar AI is my only plugin that doesn't show up in my long list of plugins. Is this the way it is supposed to work or is it a bug?

Thanks again!

Helga Hufflepuff

Larry Lief,

Please, note that we usually recommend using Luminarᴬᴵ as plugin via Export button. We cannot guarantee it works smoothly via Edit In, but we can try to fix this.

Please try the following:

1. Make sure Lightroom is not runningIf the app was running, reboot your PC before proceeding. 
    2. Right-click the Luminarᴬᴵ icon > Run As Administrator.
    3. Click Luminarᴬᴵ > File > Install Plugins.
    4. Click Uninstall next to Lightroom.
    5. Reboot your PC.
    6. Right-click the Luminarᴬᴵ icon > Run As Administrator.
    7. Click Luminarᴬᴵ > File > Install Plugins.
    8. Click Install next to Lightroom.

In case there's a message You have to install this software first, click Browse, and navigate to where the .exe file of your host application is. After you show Luminar where the host app is, you will be able to install the plugin for the host.

Please sign in to leave a comment.