Luminar AI won't open after update installed - "you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item".

Answered

Comments

5 comments

Helga Hufflepuff

Hi Joe,

Sorry to hear about the issue you encountered. Please, note that antivirus might also lead to this problem. We would recommend to disable it as well and see how it goes.

As for Lightroom issues, we usually recommend using Luminarᴬᴵ as plugin as follows:

• Right-click on the image > Export >  LuminarAI > You have an option to Open Source Files or, if you've made any changes in Lightroom that you'd like to transfer over to LuminarAI, you can also choose Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments.

After applying adjustments in LuminarAI your photo should appear in Lightroom's Catalog > All Photographs. 

In case suggested steps do not help, please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support 

Comment actions Permalink
    Trish

I have the same problem, I  uninstalled and reinstalled the program 4 times.  THe program won't open saying I don't have the correct permissions to access the folder.

Trish

What do I do now?  I paid for software that no longer works after I installed the update that you provided to fix bugs in the software. My antivirus software is disabled. I have tried every recommended fix that I could find on the internet and have enabled all permissions and I am also running it as an Administrator.  I have spent hours trying to fix this, but I should not have to for a simple update,  Please help!

Agatha Winter

Hi Trish - I'm terribly sorry to hear about the issue you encountered. Let’s take a closer look at this issue. Can you please kindly reach out to us via https://skylum.com/support ? Look forward to hearing from you.

D H

This is typical crap from Skylum.  My 1.4.1 install is working, partly.  I cannot make any edits after picking any templates.

Please sign in to leave a comment.