LuminarAI Update 4.1: We’ve caught some bugs!

Pinned Featured Answered

Comments

28 comments

Annie Ng

I would like to confirm a previously-confirmed bug with Composition AI is fixed in 4.1.

Thank you very much.

Comment actions Permalink
    Helena Carter

William,

We're happy it works now. Have a great day and enjoy LuminarAi at its full :)

JR Messina

Unable to open preferences now. I get an Analytics message with the option to opt out of Skylum to not collect data for research purposes. 

I am still losing my edits when I hit "apply" and it goes back to Lightroom CC.  I am using it as a plugin.

Helga Hufflepuff

JR Messina,

Preferences on Windows include only Analytics settings.

Member,

Let's investigate this further via https://skylum.com/support . Look forward to hearing from you.

Philippe CARON

Cette mise à jour est-elle fiable et stable sous le nouveau windows 11 que j'ai déjà installé.
    Je n'ose tenter l'expérience. (car luminar a souvent eu des plantage suite à des mise à jour d'OS aussi bien microsoft qu'apple....

Bill Mayeaux

Mine still crashes.   I load a picture.  One picture and besides still taking a mintue just for the program to load and 20 to 30 seconds for the one picture to be ready to edit.  If each time I make an ajustment and dont wait the 5 to 10 seconds for the effect to appear,  the program will just shut down.  I am sorry but Luminar AI is not a better program than Luminar 4.  I will stop using it until you fix it.  I wish I hadn't wasted my money on it.   Any chance for a Refund?

Before you blame my computer it is a i7, 16 B and an 1TG SSD.  I have never had a problem with Lightroom, Luminar 4 or Capture One.  I went with Luminar because I was tired of subscrption based editors. But Luminar Ai just is not worth the time.  

Raimund Harndt

The apply-bug using Luminar as LR-plugin is not fixed. I still have the same Problem as "member" and skylum Support is unable to help

kim Ealey

Mine is crashing today - I have been thrown out 3 different times.

Trevor T

I am having the same issue as others where my my edits fail to "apply" when I go back into Lightroom

Elena O'Brien

Hi guys,

I am so sorry to hear that you are still facing issues with Luminar!

Please reach out to us at http://skylum.com/support and we'll get that sorted out for you ASAP.

Raimund Harndt

I wrote already three times to the support and I sent screenshots - in vain!

Elena O'Brien

Hi Raimund Harndt,

I can see that you have asked you to send us a screen recording in order to help you troubleshoot the issue, but haven't heard back from you. 

It will be very appreciated it if you could proceed with the steps.

Diana Rothgeb

I am facing all the issues that have been brought up as well. Thrown out, Apply does not work, just sends me back with no edits applied. I have sent a  report to Skylum. This appears to be a plug-in issue.

Raimund Harndt

I could solve the problem myself: It was the firewall blocking the reimport of the photo to lightroom. So check the firewall-settings for lightroom - it might help

Manuel Fernandez Garcia

desde que habeis actualizado las dos ultimas veces es una porqueria, en el sobremesa que no actualiza esto no pasa, selecciono la foto empiezo a revelar y para saber que hago, tengo que poner otra foto y volver atras para ver que hice no se puede volver otra versión 

gracias

Agatha Winter

Hi Manuel,

Sorry to hear about the issue you encountered. Please reach out to us via https://skylum.com/support and we'll be happy to help. We have a Spanish-speaking agent who'll be happy to assist you. Thanks!

Dave Branner

Just to address the crashing problem in Windows, I had this for the last few versions, so was using an much older version until I found the problem..and the solution.

I have a lot of User Luminar Looks - 40 or so - and when that 'Tab' is selected, Luminar decides to go through every single one of them and apply it to whatever was the last image, to make the thumbnails. It's too dumb to apply this to an actual thumbnail sized image (or save them so it doesn't have to do them again) and so grabs ALL the RAM and *then some* to apply it to the full sized image 40+ times and take a long time doing it Oops!

Does this on a 12GB Windows PC and also a 48GB PC.  Give it More RAM and it will just use it all. This causes Windows to start Swapping RAM to the HDD, which grinds *everything* to a halt. If you plow on, adjusting something, waiting 30 seconds for the response, adjusting again, waiting again, it will eventually crash.

Or rather Windows says "Get the F out of here!" and throws you back to the desktop.

The solution is therefore this....: goto the User Luminar Looks Tab, make your selection *quickly*. Luminar will start updating the thumbnails in a background thread, but if you switch tabs back to BASIC, Luminar does a quick spin up of the CPU fans, decides not to bother updating the thumbnails (or there are so few it doesn't take long) and leaves the RAM usage at a reasonable level. Adjust any sliders as usual and if required, save as a new Preset. It will switch to the User Luminar Looks Tab again, so *immediately* switch back to the BASIC Tab to stop it going bonkers with the RAM Usage on all the other thumbnails again because: dumb.

For me it started doing this about a year ago and in each update it hasn't got fixed, so each time I've gone back to the version before it started doing it, as this behaviour made it unusable. Only recently, did I explore and find the "solution" and discovered that it actually *does* do some things better than that older version and I can finally get the benefits.

You're welcome. :)

Dave Branner

Feature Request:

As the Sky replacement is actually much improved in the latest version, but you can only apply a *single* "Special Feature" - Moon, Balloon, Giraffe, Death Star etc. - could it be possible to save out the Generated Sky Mask to use as a Mask Layer in other software?

That way we could
    a) apply our own effects and add as many "Giraffes" as we wanted, and
    b) manipulate the sky better than the tools in Luminar currently allow, as the brush tools are a little limited. The ability to apply Glow or Light Wrap around trees would often help them blend in better when the Replacement Sky is quite different in tone to the Original and the foreground then looks 'Pasted on'.

The 'Relight' etc. options just can't do enough in these cases.

Katherine Nelson

Hi Dave Branner,

Your suggestions are much appreciated! Thanks for helping us to become better:)

I'll make sure to share your requests with our techs.

Dave Branner

Katherine Nelson Thanks, but actually, I realised I'd posted in the wrong place. :^/

I was referring to the 'older' version of Luminar (v4.3.3), not Luminar AI, although there is a lot of functional crossover (not tried LAI because of that).

But, possibly with a semi-shared codebase there may be similar RAM-related challenges and solutions for both versions. ;^)

David Brown

Luminar AI stays up until I make an adjustment, Wait for it to make the change but it crashes first. Not impressed.

The new version is BY FAR the most unstable of all. Erasing no longer works correctly, The start-up is EXTREMELY slow.
    Skylum, can you EVER do anything right?

Helga Rowles

Hi Member,

I've just tested the Erase tool on my end and haven't noticed any issues. Could you please send us a video recording of what happens on your end?
    You can use Monosnap to record your screen: https://monosnap.com/welcome

Please, upload the photo with which you're working as well.

Here's how you can send us the file with the files.

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request at https://skylum.com/support

As for the start-up time of Luminar AI, it was significantly improved in one of the latest updates. Could you please attach your hardware configuration to your support request? Besides, please specify how much time it takes for the app to open. 

Christian Hofmann

Export of pictures ends in crashing. What to do?

Helga Hufflepuff

Hi Christian,

This needs to be investigated more closely. Can you please kindly reach us via https://skylum.com/support ? We will do our best to find the solution.

Abdullah Efe

The new version is disastrous! Now it crashes already at startup. Nothing more can be done with this buggy software. All just wasted money! Shame on you!

Ivan Azure

Hi Abdullah,

We are sorry to hear that you have such an experience. Please contact our support team via https://skylum.com/support and we will consult you in a more detailed way.

Please sign in to leave a comment.