Problems with Aurora opening CR3 files.

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi B Marchnt,

You're correct that CR3 files are not currently supported by Aurora HDR, but we hope to add support in the future. For now, we recommend you install Adobe DNG Converter and convert your RAW files to DNG file format (which is supported by Aurora HDR). 

Please use one of the links below to download Adobe DNG Converter:

For Mac OS:
    https://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_mac/ 

For Windows:
    https://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_win/ 

If you'd prefer to pursue a refund, you can request one at www.skylum.com/support or by emailing support@skylum.com.

Comment actions Permalink
    B Marchant

I see folks have been complaining about the CR3 files for years and they get the same response.  I believe it is apparent you folks just want to keep raking in money without warning customers that the software doesnt work on CR3 files.  I will take my time going to every person I can find on you tube who has endorsed your product with screen shots of this conversation.

Roy Blackwell

B Marchnt: You get a 30 days money back guarantee with the software. If it does not do what you want it to do, get your money back. You have already be instructed how to do that by a Skylum rep in another post of yours on this same topic. Lots of photo editor applications support camera image formats at different levels. A little googling concerning cr3 support in Aurora HDR would have made this known to you. 

P.S. I am a Canon camera user (EOS R). It would be great if they would update it to add cr3 support. Does not change the fact it is a great piece of software. I use it all the time.

B Marchant

It is not great software if it doesnt work without some kind of bogus workaround because they aren't supporting the software but using the income from people mistakenly purchasing the software to fund them while they are developing other software.  They obviously don't respond to BBB complaints.  Maybe if enough people complain to their local state attorney generals consumer protection offices they will pick up on the investigation or at least put a warning on the now legacy software that they are not developing it at this time to adapt to current software demands.  And they are lackadaisical about responding to refund requests.

joseph jimenez

Pour ceux qui attendent que le CR3 soit pris en charge et qui ont luminar 4 et AI  voila comment je fais:  charger le cr3 sur luminar ai t le sauvegarder en TIFF  puis charger le tiff sur Aurora

Please sign in to leave a comment.