Unable to export images after latest update

Answered

Comments

11 comments

Simpix

Additionally, when I test " Windows Troubleshoot compatibility", I get an onscreen message that Luminar Ai is set for Windows 8 compatibility mode and I need to update to Windows 10 to run Luminar.

Comment actions Permalink
    Simpix

I am running the latest version of Windows 10 and have always done so, since before I bought the Luminar program. Perhaps there is  some 'bug' in the latest Luminar update?

Mike Forsman

Simpix - Yes, it may be a 'bug' that some users experience. Try this:

1. Right-click on the Luminar AI icon on your desktop.
    2. Go to Properties > Compatibility.
    3. See if the 'Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 8' checkbox is enabled? If so, please disable (uncheck) it. 
    4. Press 'Ok'.
    Simpix

I checked it….The Windows 8 checkbox was not enabled. I did not have to disable (uncheck) anything.

What could I try next?

Mike Forsman

I don't know - just wait for a response from an official Skylum rep, I guess. They'll respond here within a hour or few. Good luck :-)

Anastasia Davis

Hi Simpix Could you specify if you have Avast antivirus installed on your device?

Simpix

I do, why?

Simpix

The Free version

Simpix

My problem is exporting images from Luminar AI to an INTERNAL folder on my PC, nothing that should be impacted by my AV Software, surely?

However, I downloaded Luminar AI onto my PC through my Avast AV Software. Do you have a bug in your updated v4.0 software which makes it non-compatible with Avast protected systems?

Simpix

I fixed my problem:

1)Uninstalled Luminar AI

2) Uninstalled Avast AV

3) Installed Kaspersky AV

4) Reinstalled Luminar AI

I can now export images from Luminar to My Documents Photo folders as I could before the 4.0 update. I'd still like to know why the problem arose but can at least continue with my workflow.

Helena Carter

Hi Simpix,

It looks like your antivirus was blocking LuminarAI from exporting images. This might be that LuminarAI wasn't on the list of exceptions. However, I'm happy that everything is fine now!

Please sign in to leave a comment.