'Update to Windows 10 to use LuminarAI' error message. What to do if you have already Windows 10 installed?

Pinned Featured

Comments

18 comments

Michael Osborn

I have the same issue. this solution did not work for me. I have deleted the program off my computer entirely, re-downloaded it and still cant access the program. when I click on the desktop icon to open it i get a message saying "Windows cannotaccess the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to acces the item."

This is my computer and I am the only user. this has been happening since the latest update. I gave up for a couple ays and tried again today. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Steve Mazzella

I tried to upgrade to the new version and immediately received a message that I needed to be running openGL 3.3 (which I have).  I updated my (8 month old Lenovo Yoga) machine's graphics drivers and tried to update again and I also received the dreaded  "Update to windows 10 message"    then ran all available updates  (now at  win10 21H1 build 19043.1151) - Same error.   I then checked the current compatibility mode and it was already set for version 8.   I turned off compatibility mode and tried to enter Luminar AI again and I'm back to the " OpenGL 3.3 is required for this application to run. Try updating your graphics drivers" message again.  So frustrating....   I'm now locked out of AI altogether - HELP

Simpix

Dear Alina Skylum,

There is a bug in your latest update causing these reported problems. I have updated also but can no longer export images from Luminar Ai to other folders or programs on my Windows 10 PC. I am also getting the error message relating to Windows 8 as highlighted above. 

You need to get your software engineers, programmers and testers working on this asap before your customers start to discuss their issues on open social media forums which will have a detrimental impact on Skylum's (so far) good reputation.

Steve Mazzella

OK  discovered that I can get pas the Open GL message and Update 4 has installed but as soon as the app logs in, the image that I was last working on displays for a second then disappears.  At that point, although I see the thumbnails at the bottom of the screen, I cant pull them up to work on them, so the update is still unusable

Anastasia Davis

Hi guys! Please reach our support team and we will do our best to help you: https://skylum.com/support

Vincent

I have the same problem as Steve Mazzella.

Agatha Winter

Hi Vincent - I'm terribly sorry to hear about the issue you encountered. Can you please kindly reach out to our support team via https://skylum.com/support ? Thanks in advance!

Philippe CARON

si déjà ça bugue avec win 10, ça risque d'etre pire avec WIN 11

Francois de Melogue

Yes, since the update I cannot use Luminar AI in lightroom classic or photoshop. BUT I can use as a standalone - seriously messed up my workflow and I have a big job coming next week where I need this stuff working correctly. When are you guys going to fix this issue? p.s. your tip did not work for me either.

Tony Mc Donnell

I get database failed to open in AI I have uninstall it and reinstalled it so many times I have fed up with it all.

Helena Carter

Francois de Melogue, Tony Mc Donnell

We're sorry you guys are facing this issue. We'd want to help. Thus, please, reach out via https://skylum.com/support. Our Support Team would be glad to look into this.

Franklin Santana

I've jumped through hoops following all the many instructions from Luminar Support Team over the course of five or six emails, but the program continues to crash upon startup. I tire of unstalling and reinstalling the program. As suggested above, I disabled "Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 8' checkbox"  and still no joy. Since others are having this problem too, developers at Luminar AI would do well to screw their heads into this issue and provide a fix once and for all!

Franklin Santana

Also, Luminar AI keeps asking me to update to Windows 10 despite having successfully completed this task and updated to Windows 10 21H1 (including latest updates). Help!

Elena Blum

Hi Franklin,

Please contact our support team https://skylum.com/support and we will do our best to take a closer look at what’s going on right away.

Tom Phelps

Is there a fix for this?  Luminar AI will not open on my Windows 10 PC and I get no message, no nothing.  I have no idea what's going on, but it looks like a lot of people are having the same problem.

Austin Miller

Hello Tom,

Please reach us via skylum.com/support so we can investigate the issue!

Jan Seals

Hi!  I've worked on this all night.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Luminar AI.  I've rebooted my device.  I've reinstalled my Luminar AI.  I've made sure that the Compatibility Mode is not checked on Windows 8.  I continue to get the Windows 10 upgrade error.

I bought this laptop with Win10 installed on it.

I had a photography job that was due tonight - it's not getting done.  So far the money I've invested in this application has been wasted and all of my photography associations and photography clubs will know/hear about it.   You've known for months that there are bugs, yet you are still providing an inadequate product.  

I did try to download the latest update tonight, it doesn't even try to launch.  One more piece of software that is useless.

Simpix

What Anti-Virus software do you use?

I ran Avast Free version.....and had similar problems. I uninstalled it, reinstalled Kaspersky instead, re-installed Luminar and voila.....it worked.

Just a thought.......:-)

Please sign in to leave a comment.