Portrait Bokeh AI FAQ

Pinned

Comments

12 comments

Maurizio Loreti

Why for portraits only? I shot mainly macro pictures and I would like to try the bokeh filter with them in order to highlight the main subject. I understand that this filter is designed for portraits, but I could select by hand the main subject area and apply the bokeh filter. Well, I could - if the filter would be enabled, but it is not. PLEASE, leave the filter enabled also if a human subject is not detected in the picture, allowing subject selection by hand. Thank you in advance!

Comment actions Permalink
    Helga Rowles

Hi Maurizio,
    The ability to manually select a subject area would definitely be helpful for non-portrait photos. I will be happy to submit a corresponding feature request.

Maurizio Loreti

Thank you, Helga & Skylum support team.

Martin Foster

Very disappointed to find that Bokeh only works for portraits, been waiting to use it on still lifes. you've done the difficult bit just give us a mask and remove the dependence on faces

Jose Gonzalez

No doubt, nice update, indeed but... for when this AI also for flowers, animals...?

Regards

Lynne Pariseau

Dumb question -- I updated Luminar but cannot find where the Luminar Bokeh tool is.  Help? thanks

Cathy Greene

Great additional resource. I look forward using it and seeing how Luminar moves forward with the Bokeh tool.

Marcia Jolley

Face is clearly visible, but Portrait Bokeh is inactive. Do I need to mask the face first? Where would I do that? Thank you.

Helga Hufflepuff

Hi Marcia Jolley,

Can you please send us the photo via https://skylum.com/support  to evaluate? Thank you

Marcia Jolley

Helga, how do I submit the photo for you to evaluate? I use Windows 10. Thank you.

Marcia Jolley

Duh, sorry for the question!

Inder Kalra

If a portrait has loose frizzy hair, the AI doesn't cover all the hair. Is there a way to cover the rest of the hair? I have tried advanced tools as well, but it brings the background in focus.

Please sign in to leave a comment.